+68

Why should people be afraid of spiders? Spiders mind their own business, mosquitoes go out of their way to bite us, amirite?

Image for post Why should people be afraid of spiders? Spiders mind their own business, mosquitoes go out of their way to bite us, amirite?
PenguinsFlys avatar Animals & Nature
0 8
The voters have decided that PenguinsFly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah, they mind their own business, in my house.

Spiders are creepy. There's a reason they're used as Halloween decorations: to add to the scary affect

@typerteck Spiders are creepy. There's a reason they're used as Halloween decorations: to add to the scary affect

Yeah, but I'm questioning why do we find them creepy? People are afraid of bees because they sting, people are afraid of spiders because they bite. But their bites don't hurt as much as they itch. Mosquitos do the exact same "harm" to us as spiders, in addition to giving us West Nile or something similar. Not to mention they fly directly towards people to bite us.

PenguinsFlys avatar PenguinsFly Yeah You Are +2Reply
@PenguinsFly Yeah, but I'm questioning why do we find them creepy? People are afraid of bees because they sting, people are...

I guess it's just because you can swat away a tiny mosquito that you can barely see, but spiders don't work that way. Spiders can crawl and end up anywhere, and some of them ate big and hairy and you can clearly see their big black eyes. Just thinking about them make me shudder.

Someone needs to read hyperbole and a half

@BetterThanEzra1119 Someone needs to read hyperbole and a half

haha I've read some of her posts, but her reasons are irrational and exaggerated (which makes them funny and entertaining to read). haha don't get me wrong, I am a bit afraid of spiders. In fact I wrote this right after I had woken up covered in mosquito bites and then freaked out over a spider in the corner of my room. The irony kinda struck me.

PenguinsFlys avatar PenguinsFly Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PenguinsFly haha I've read some of her posts, but her reasons are irrational and exaggerated (which makes them funny and...

I'm from Minnesota, so I'm used to mosquitos. I know how to handle them. I'm not used to spiders, so I don't know how to handle them. Is that a good enough explanation for you? Besides, it's a fear. It's supposed to be irrational.