+289

When you see a photograph of a place, it's weird thinking about how it will NEVER look that way again. The clouds, vegetation, light, and snow will always be a little bit different. The only evidence that it ever even looked like that is the photograph itself and the photographer's memory. It makes you wonder about all the times a place has looked a certain way and nobody took a picture or even looked at it, so it's lost to human experience forever, amirite?

Image for post When you see a photograph of a place, it's weird thinking about how it will NEVER look that way again. The clouds, vegetation, light, and snow will always be a little bit different. The only evidence that it ever even looked like that is the photograph itself and the photographer's memory. It makes you wonder about all the times a place has looked a certain way and nobody took a picture or even looked at it, so it's lost to human experience forever, amirite?
Favvkess avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
43 28
The voters have decided that Favvkes is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This reminds me of how the Earth must have looked prior to our shitty civilization coming along. Imagine how beautiful and untouched it must have been. But I suppose it would be hypocritical of me to wish there had been cameras to document it

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +28Reply

Dude, you are so deep I can't even see you.

Yeah, but it's not going to be THAT different, unless there was an eclipse or something rare... in which case everyone would be prepared to take a picture of it.

KickAsss avatar KickAss No Way +13Reply

I mean I guess

And then there's Photoshop.

That was so hauntingly beautiful and depressing at the same time...well done, well done.

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +3Reply

Then there's people like me who have never looked less than sexy.

Things change, that's never struck me as weird. What I think would be weird is if they looked the same after all the years, and I've never wondered how many times a place looked a certain way but people didn't get to experience it.

I suggested that this goes on the homepage :3

Loulouuu_xs avatar Loulouuu_x Yeah You Are +1Reply

It actually made me think "Why the hell is this post so long and why am I continuing to read it?"

@1855728

A mountain with a snowy peak and a cloudy sky.

@1847234

Omg just stfu already nobody cares

Why can't you always be like that!

@Rashed Why can't you always be like that!

Dude half my picture posts are like this. This i pretty typical for me.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +2Reply

How in hell did you think of this?
Please explain your train of thought .-.

@AsherIsTehBestest How in hell did you think of this? Please explain your train of thought .-.

I saw this picture on Pinterest and i just thought, "wow, that's georgeous! It's a good thing the photographer captured it or i would have never seen it. Well actually, i guess i could go there and see it for myself, but it wouldnt look exactly the same. Would it look worse? Hmm..."

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +4Reply

I'm glad you got a(nother) POTD Favvkes. y smilie
Now then, post some cats in the comments. goo smilie

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are -1Reply