+7

America is not the greatest country in the world, but it is possible to be only 7th place in something and 49th in another, etc etc, and not first in any one thing, but still be overall better than everyone else. For example, everyone (and this is not true) who is better than you in each aspect is shit in all other aspects, amirite?

100%Yeah You Are0%No Way
B10ckH34ds avatar
Share
0 6
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Before you say anything, no I cannot name a country greater than America, but I also can't say definitively that America is better than countries like Norway, or Canada or Australia because they're all goo in different aspects and I can't but a weightage on each one. Even in the US became more developed in the HDI than Norway, development is not the only factor.

Also, a country's greatness shouldn't be dependent on its overall population, but the best of it. Stephen Hawking is still a great man because his best characteristic, his brain, is counted, not his paralysed body. If a hypothetical country invented cold fusion, teleportation, built Dyson spheres around stars for global energy, but this was done by the top 10%, with the other 90% being total and complete idiots, is that not the greatest country ever?

Again, the US was once the greatest nation, but is not now. the 10% thing is not an analogy of the US, just another point to bring up.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply

I vote down because of the "overall" thing-I read it as being contradicted to what you wrote previously. :P

America is not "overall" better than any other country, and no other country is "overall" better than the states either. It's all about the comparison of those random little things.

(I know that there will be tons of people voting down on my comment :P)

@Sewcdf I vote down because of the "overall" thing-I read it as being contradicted to what you wrote previously...

I don't think the op is talking about countries. For example I'm basket ball you can have 7th defence and 2nd offense and still be overall 1st

@Sewcdf I vote down because of the "overall" thing-I read it as being contradicted to what you wrote previously...

I'm not referring to America specifically. That is not America's situation a it is not overall the best. In just stun you could have the se positions as America, but still en up as overall best.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply
@B10ckH34d I'm not referring to America specifically. That is not America's situation a it is not overall the best. In just...

So are you saying for example that people who might be like okay in a lot of subjects could still be overall better than you?

Ah, I see.

Will take some high philosophical thinking for me to decide on that one hmm smilie (randomemoticonthatexpressesthewayifeel)

@Sewcdf So are you saying for example that people who might be like okay in a lot of subjects could still be overall better...

Yeah. I think so. Just to clear up, if there are 100 people and 10 categories. If I score 50 in them all, and in every category, 50 people get 51. I'm in the lower half in everything, right? But say they have five 51s and five 1s. Their total scores are far less than my total score.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply
Please   login   or signup   to leave a comment.