+159

New Zealand is to Australia what Canada is to the US, amirite?

tsukiaes avatar Countries & Places
2 13
The voters have decided that tsukiae is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And nearly every Caribbean island to Jamaica.

But I think Canada is better than the US. I'm not sure what to vote.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +4Reply
@AdonisBatheus But I think Canada is better than the US. I'm not sure what to vote.

I don't think it's really about which is better, it's more that Canada is unique and distinct from the US, but the two countries often just get lumped together.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Cpt_McMuffin I don't think it's really about which is better, it's more that Canada is unique and distinct from the US, but the...

They do?? I know nothing of the common thinking of different countrymen...wow.

Now that you say that, I do consider New Zealand and Australia to be similar. Hm...how weird.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply
@AdonisBatheus They do?? I know nothing of the common thinking of different countrymen...wow. Now that you say that, I do...

Well, being American myself, I definitely think of the US and Canada as separate entities, but a lot of people outside of North America who aren't as familiar with either of the two countries (Canada especially) tend to think of them as one region. For example, a geography textbook I had a while ago always said "The USA and Canada" as if it was one place.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +5Reply

And Taiwan to China

And Scotland to England.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +1Reply
Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are -1Reply

Norway and Sweden.

cayjays avatar cayjay Yeah You Are 0Reply

singapore to china

A hat?