+158

It would be cool to have a machine that could calculate how time you would need to study per day to get the grade you want. For example, to get an "A" on your upcoming math test, you would need to study twenty minutes per day until the day of the test, amirite?

Education
0 4

Quality, not quantity when it comes to studying.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +1Reply

I voted no. My thoughts may be completely different from everyone else's though.
1. A machine that could calculate how much time you would need to study per day to get the grade you want wouldn't really do anything other than tell you. It would be better if it could motivate me to actually do it.
2. I don't usually study things, because to tell the truth it's kinda like cheating-studying facts just to add on to your "mark". So the point is, I don't study just for tests, I study for knowledge.

Again, a lot of people will probably think my opinions are really strange, but whatevs, I'm a rooster >:P

Sewcdfs avatar Sewcdf No Way -1Reply
@Sewcdf I voted no. My thoughts may be completely different from everyone else's though. 1. A machine that could calculate...

That's really interesting, actually. I can see your viewpoint about studying being like cheating -- it is kind of cheating, because people can just cram the information into their heads and then forget it all after taking the test. They get grades that don't reflect intelligence, but rather short-term memory. And I like the idea of studying for knowledge. That might actually help me study, because I hate doing things that I don't see the point of. If my goal is to be more intelligent, rather than just passing a test, I might - not enjoy, but appreciate studying more.

And I need motivation, as well. Lots of it. But it would be helpful to know when you should be studying, anyway.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +1Reply