+200

Not to say there aren't people who would be able to make it work but you don't think that most people are ready for marriage when they're only 18, amirite?

Lens avatar Relationships
2 8
The voters have decided that Len is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm 19 and I'm getting married in three months. My soon to be mother in law got married when she was 18 and they are still together. My great-aunt got married when she was 16 and is still with her husband and she's in her 70s. Some people are ready at a younger age, and some people aren't even ready at 40. There is no "right age" for everyone straight across the board. It entirely depends on the individuals involved.

Most people, yes. Personally I would be ready to get married at 18/19 if I was with the right person. My mom got married when she was 19 and she's been with my dad for 25 years now.

@silvershadow6 Most people, yes. Personally I would be ready to get married at 18/19 if I was with the right person. My mom got...

I think the point is that at 18/19 you don't have adequate experience to determine who the right person is.

@I think the point is that at 18/19 you don't have adequate experience to determine who the right person is.

Well that's not true. You can know you're with the right person at almost any age and I don't think you need experience for that.

@silvershadow6 Well that's not true. You can know you're with the right person at almost any age and I don't think you need...

I've thought I was with the right person before. That's the issue. You can think you're with the right person but people can change so much from 16 to the early 20's with finding out who we are and whatnot. I've changed. She's changed. And now, I'm kinda glad we're not together anymore. We're different people from who we used to be.

As mentioned, it's definitely possible for things to work out, but in most cases, it's best to wait. Besides, if you love the person you can stick together without marriage just as well as you can with it, right?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

I know a couple of almost 20 and almost 19 and they've broken off their engagement twice.

I think there will always be exceptions, but overall I don't think it would work.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are 0Reply