+34

People's personalities are a direct result of what they're born like, and their experiences (how they're rewarded/punished by life for things they do and how they act). People's choices are a result of their personalities, and people's success depends on their choices. If it all ties back to things we don't have an impact on, then all we really are is our bodies and our experiences. Where is the free will, Amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Life
5 7
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm not sure I follow your logic, but I sometimes wonder whether free will is not just an illusion. If my thoughts and choices are caused by chemical and electric processes in my brain, and if what I think and do affect those those chemical and electric processes, then I'm not sure I'm really driving the bus. It could just be that I'm a bag of chemical and electric processes that only believes it is controlling itself.

@PhilboydStudge I'm not sure I follow your logic, but I sometimes wonder whether free will is not just an illusion. If my thoughts...

That's more interestingly put than the OP. It's more tentative. The OP is just full of assumptions

@TommyUK1234 That's more interestingly put than the OP. It's more tentative. The OP is just full of assumptions

that's an assumption. it's a more scientific view of what i wrote. It's the same message, just a different argument for it. could you be more specific about what parts of it I assumed?

All curious notions to ponder. .
Now relate it to religion and things become more interesting. Why do some "drive" their bus to faith while others drive away from it?

Yay determinism!

ejayes avatar ejaye Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well actually personality is something that you create over your life. All humans are born with emotions of rage, fear, and love but we create our personalities through our parents and others