+75

There's nothing wrong with reading Fifty Shades of Grey in public, as long as you don't have a boner. It's not like watching porn in public where if you happen to glance over you would see everything. Just don't read over the person's shoulder if you don't like it, amirite?

Books
1 12

A woman wrote this post. Men don't read for boners.

@A woman wrote this post. Men don't read for boners.

i've seen pictures of men reading it with boners, that's why i threw it in there

mostly women read this hook and they probably have a "boner" so to speak

Snickers avatar Snicker Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1854907

I hope you're not voting down on a post just because it was anonymous...

@1854907

Keep your reddit shit on reddit???????

@1854907

haha i post everything anonymous. and i've never read the book, i just don't understand why everyone gives so many fucks about reading it in public

It's hard not to read things when you see words. It's hard not to look at images when you see them. By this logic it's OK to watch porn in public because people can just not look at it

@Frank_n_Furter Look at the above wall of text and try to not read a word. You can't.

When I see someone holding a book, I don't instinctively activate my x-ray vision and look at what they are reading. Even if I could clearly see the text, I would see the cover first and I would look away. Seeing a book from several feet away for one instant does not equal seeing porn (or an amirite comment on my laptop) for one instant.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +5Reply
@personThingy When I see someone holding a book, I don't instinctively activate my x-ray vision and look at what they are...

If you saw a person watching a movie on a laptop, would you look over their shoulder at their screen?

@Frank_n_Furter If you saw a person watching a movie on a laptop, would you look over their shoulder at their screen?

Like I said, if I accidentally glanced at the porn on their laptop, the image would register in my mind before I could react. If I could see the words on the pages of their book, I still wouldn't be able to read it unless I tried to. Even if I cared enough to see what they were reading, I would see the cover saying Fifty Shades of Grey and I would change my mind. The instant snapshot of the porn would stick in my mind for a while.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +2Reply