-12

Guys: you wouldn't feel like less of a man if your girlfriend proposed to you instead of you proposing to her, amirite?

Lens avatar Life
0 4
The voters have decided that Len is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Throughout (or almost, if there are examples I don't know of) the animal kingdom, it is the male who attracts the female, and convinces her to choose him over the other males. Thus, it is the male's responsibility to initiate this sort of thing. To me, it would feel like shirking responsibility because of cowardice, so I would feel like a coward, and therefore less manly (I take 'less of a man' in a figurative sense).

Before you say anything, I don't think males like mating more than females. When the female wants a mate, she will get one. Each male doesn't want her to pick any one, but to pick him specifically. That is the part the needs convincing. Choosing WHICH mate, not choosing to mate at all.

@B10ckH34d Throughout (or almost, if there are examples I don't know of) the animal kingdom, it is the male who attracts the...

Remember that we're humans and are self-aware and can choose to not believe in those types of things.

Plus not every species has the male doing the talking.

If you feel like a coward and you think being a coward is definitely bad all of the time, you're doing something wrong.

@AdonisBatheus Remember that we're humans and are self-aware and can choose to not believe in those types of things. Plus not...

I'm just saying it doesn't feel right. It's more of an instinct thing rather than active thought. After analysis, I don't see anything wrong with the girl proposing, which is why I know it stems from baser instincts.

As a girl, I would feel uncomfortable doing so. It's one thing to ask a guy out, but for a girl to propose marriage is a completely different thing. You're asking him to spend the rest if his life with you. It's not "traditional".