+133

This would be absolutely terrifying. The only thing keeping you from floating away into infinite, dark, cold, airless space is a thin cord. Astronauts are some of the bravest human beings, amirite?

Image for post This would be absolutely terrifying. The only thing keeping you from floating away into infinite, dark, cold, airless space is a thin cord. Astronauts are some of the bravest human beings, amirite?
Favvkess avatar People & Celebrities
5 7
The voters have decided that Favvkes is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

As soon as I read, "This would be absolutely terrifying." I knew it was Favvkes;P

Sometimes they don't even use cords! just a small jetpack type thing!!!

coasterkids avatar coasterkid Yeah You Are +4Reply
@coasterkid Sometimes they don't even use cords! just a small jetpack type thing!!!

A jetpack would make me feel better, I think. Because then you have some kind of controllable propulsion. But if all you have is a cord, and it breaks, you're fucked.

You wanna know what I thought of that would be super scary? If you look away from the space station for a second and you somehow got detached, you would be pulled in to Earth's gravity. If you were looking away, you wouldn't be able to tell that you were moving because of the lack of air resistance. If you manage to not notice for enough time, you would be an unprepared Felix Baumgartner.

swimlaxs avatar swimlax Yeah You Are +2Reply