-58

You don't like cards that say "Happy Holidays"and refuse to purchase them, what is wrong with still wishing people a "Happy Christmas".

eeyorebobs avatar Holidays & Birthdays
2 20

Because with happy holidays you can combine; Christmas & New Years into one card.

maumaus avatar maumau Disagree +17Reply
@maumau Because with happy holidays you can combine; Christmas & New Years into one card.

Good job. You really should win a prize :D You can get even more bang for your buck if you're American and you start before Thanksgiving.

You must be really bored with yourself if this is the kind of thing you get worked up over.

LamWins avatar LamWin Disagree +13Reply

what's wrong with saying either?
"Happy Holidays" and "Merry Christmas" both sound kind to me

Wouldn't it be easier to have 'Happy Holidays'? It covers Christmas, New Years, Hanukkah, Eid/Ramadan, and Kwanza. They're purposely made to be broad so they can cover more than one demographic- card companies make more money and consumers don't have to work as hard, so everyone wins. Also, they still make a lot of 'Happy/Merry Christmas' cards anyway so it's not like they're unavailable? I don't understand the purpose of this argument.

rowannes avatar rowanne Disagree +10Reply

You: "wow, if I buy a Merry Christmas card instead of a Happy Holidays card, I'll finally be sticking it to the man! Fight authority! That'll show them!"

Jews don't mind a "happy Christmas" greeting, they reply with a "happy Hannukah" ... so no one gets offended

@theoverberg Jews don't mind a "happy Christmas" greeting, they reply with a "happy Hannukah" ... so no one gets offended

No one should get offended anyway- what was once religious observance is now a celebration of Santa Clause. :)

Not a thing- unless you are Jewish.. But even Jews deserve a happy Christmas.

Happy Whatever Doesn't Offend You.

JUST SAY HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND EVERYONE'S HAPPY

...except this guy.

I just frankly kind of don't care

It's probably a good thing an American didn't make this post

@fuzala why do you say that?

because someone would probably say 'oh, typical American'

@Gi_Gi because someone would probably say 'oh, typical American'

I wanted to write "typical American comment," but you're not from the US. :( Typical Brit, ruining the fun.

amiwhites avatar amiwhite Disagree 0Reply

I have no problem with cards like that. Just like I have no problem with cards that say "Merry Christmas," or "Happy Chanukah," or "Get well soon, sorry I ran over your leg with my car." You can use the type of cards you like, and other people have the ability to do the same.

I thought the phrase was just catchy not a political correctness move.