+68

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." It is sad that most will not do the same, amirite?

NerdyBlondes avatar Quotes
3 5
The voters have decided that NerdyBlonde is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Voltaire! He was a wise person. I had to research him and dress up like him for a school project. I was very disapointed to learn that he did not have a moustache.

That's actually a famous misquote.

@Laguakat That's actually a famous misquote.

Really? What was the real one then? Even if it is a misquote I think it still has a good message.

NerdyBlondes avatar NerdyBlonde Yeah You Are 0Reply
@NerdyBlonde Really? What was the real one then? Even if it is a misquote I think it still has a good message.

Yeah, me too. It's been attributed to Voltaire, but it turns out someone else just made that up and said Voltaire said it. He was an advocate of free speech, though.

The problem is that the military's priority is not to protect free speech but to keep conditions in other countries that are favorable to American corporations.