+112

It's so cute how 20 different states are trying to sucede from the United States. Nothing quite says "Mericah" like quitting your nation because you lost.

TheShamWowGuys avatar Jokes & Humour
3 17

All 50 states and DC have submitted petitions to secede.

@alilbitdramatic All 50 states and DC have submitted petitions to secede.

So if every state secedes and starts it's own country, wouldn't it be the exact same country?

@Smithers So if every state secedes and starts it's own country, wouldn't it be the exact same country?

No, it would be 50 different, smaller countries. And then somebody would paint the White House black.

Wasn't it because there was a web page made by the government where you can submit petitions and after so many people sign it the government promises to respond to it? I don't think it was serious but rather a whole bunch of people trying make a lame joke.

Rass avatar Ras Disagree +2Reply

Well, at least the states themselves don't support secession, just the crybabies that live there.
Also I looked at the Texas petition and I saw signatures from Ohio and Arizona on there. Just wow.

"Quitting your nation" something about that just makes me laugh

TEXAS FTW

It's not about winning/losing. It's about people being fed up with a corrupt system that maintains a less than 20% approval rating. 14/20 statesgave notice prior to the election that they were against Obama even being on the ballot because they felt the GOP ignored the wishes of the people. They are simply following through with what they said they would do, and that IS kinda cute.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Disagree -5Reply
@B3CKVH It's not about winning/losing. It's about people being fed up with a corrupt system that maintains a less than 20%...

It's kinda cute because its the same exact thing a child would do after losing at monopoly. I don't give a single shit about what they said they would do. It IS about winning/losing. And the government is not corrupt solely because you disagree with their actions. We are the UNITED States of America for a reason. So its incredibly immature to try and split the nation in half because of 4 more years of Obama who, by the way, has a 55% approval rating as of today.

@TheShamWowGuy It's kinda cute because its the same exact thing a child would do after losing at monopoly. I don't give a single...

Congress is the rating I was referring to, and Obama was merely a straw on the camel's back. The system is corrupt.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Disagree +4Reply
@B3CKVH Congress is the rating I was referring to, and Obama was merely a straw on the camel's back. The system is corrupt.

Okay, fair enough. You wanna know why Congress has low approval ratings? Because they haven't done shit in the last 4 years. You wanna know why Congress hasnt done shit in the last four years? Because they veto every bill that smells like the democratic party. Even if the bill itself would help bipartisenship, Republicans have vetoed anything Obama put on the table. Believe it or not, Obama has been doing things and thats why he has a 55% rating while congress, mostly made up of republicans, has tried to stifle everything Obama comes up with...20%.

@1871071

There is pettiness on both sides, but I think we all know which side was more unacceptably staunch.

Wait, 20 states were against the choice of Obama because they hated the GOP? What.

Yes, the system is corrupt, but everyone in Congress was voted in by majority. The president too. Seceding won't make anything any better whatsoever. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Join or die. If half the country seceded we can declare the whole "#1 country" thing down the toilet plus we'd face war left and right.