+37

Size does not dictate beauty, amirite?

Image for post Size does not dictate beauty, amirite?
itiswhatitiss avatar Jokes & Humour
2 49
The voters have decided that itiswhatitis is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This politically correct bullshit is annoying. Curves are great, yay. Being fat is not. Its unhealthy and unnattractive and everyone on the planet knows this. Guess what, if the girl in that picture lost 20 pounds, she would be curvy and healthy. 2 thumbs up!

@TheShamWowGuy This politically correct bullshit is annoying. Curves are great, yay. Being fat is not. Its unhealthy and...

I agree that it would be significantly better for her and her appearance if she were to lose weight and exercise, but the post claims that size "dictates" it, meaning it controls it unconditionally. There can be a fat person that is more attractive than a thinner person.

It isn't just a matter of "the smaller the better". You never said it was, I was merely restating the post from a different perspective.

I find the only politically correct thing about this post is the lack of (otherwise generally unnecessary to the subject) political incorrectness

@fuzala are you sure she's not healthy?

Yup. her doctor would tell her to eat a better diet and exercize at least 3 times a week. Its not that she's obese, but she still isnt healthy with that additional weight. Hell, I had to lose 10 pound a couple years ago, i took my shirt off at a doctors appointment and the first thing he asked me was "when was the last time you played a sport?" So over a couple of months, I lost 10 pounds.

@TheShamWowGuy Yup. her doctor would tell her to eat a better diet and exercize at least 3 times a week. Its not that she's obese...

it's that this is one picture
one angle
and she's lying down on her side

I don't think there's enough to determine if she's healthy or not

a person may appear healthy and not be healthy and vice versa
appearances can be deceiving, ya know?

@fuzala it's that this is one picture one angle and she's lying down on her side I don't think there's enough to...

you can see it in her arms, her hips, and her stomach. The angle might change her stomach, but not her hips and certainly not her arms. Yes, a person may appear healthy and not be healthy but not vice versa. Its pretty difficult to be overweight and still healthy.

Just because she may need to loses a few pounds for her health does not mean she's ugly or that she isn't beautiful, which is the point of the post.

@itiswhatitis Just because she may need to loses a few pounds for her health does not mean she's ugly or that she isn't...

fair enough, this one specific girl, who happens to be 20 pounds overweight is not ugly.

@TheShamWowGuy fair enough, this one specific girl, who happens to be 20 pounds overweight is not ugly.

Well- I could probably stand to lose 100lbs, and I am working on it, but I don't think I am ugly either- Not as healthy as I could be, but I've already lost 80, still working on it, and still beautiful.
[IMG]Image in content]
y smilie size does not dictate beauty, he/she is right.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are +7Reply

I personally don't find her desirable. That doesn't mean I don't think she's attractive in any way, but I simply prefer average skinny women because I'm a skinny guy and feel that I can relate to them more.

I understand this whole "proud of my curves" campaign is directed towards advertisements that only show skinny women as beautiful, however, I don't like the way they imply that being skinny is some sort of sin. There are women out there who are skinny and simply can't help it; not because they've been brainwashed into thinking that's how they're supposed to be to fit into society. I just think it would be better to show women of all sizes as beautiful.

@StickCaveman I personally don't find her desirable. That doesn't mean I don't think she's attractive in any way, but I simply...

I agree with you- smaller women already recieve recognition for their beauty, as is the normin the media- I used the photo of the larger woman to bring to light that plus size women are also beautiful. Size does not dictate beauty means all sizes not just her size.

Couldn't the goal of this post have been accomplished without plastering a nude woman on the just in page?

Size doesn't dictate beauty indeed, the individual mind does. I am glad that this woman can live without being ashamed of her body, regardless whether she is healthy or not. However, I do not find her attractive and yes it is indeed because of the extra pounds on her. Is there something so wrong with that?

Some people can pull off curvy better than others. Also, I think that enough variations of this post have been posted for me to want to strangle myself.

@itiswhatitis Mine was the first. Notice original post date.

20 days ago? People have been posting more or less the same thing for years.

@Wunderscore 20 days ago? People have been posting more or less the same thing for years.

Yes but a lot of the more recent posts are nearly word-for word from the comment section of my post.

A similar post like this was "Removed: Because it was coppied from the internet" but it was not. The original photo can be seen here:
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/cu...ore=1305075185

eww remove this fatty this is disgusting

She has a nice face, but her body made me gag. Personally, I find fat repulsive. I'm sure she has a lovely personality, but you can't fuck a sense of humour.

@She has a nice face, but her body made me gag. Personally, I find fat repulsive. I'm sure she has a lovely...

If her body actually made you gag, then there's probably something wrong with you.

@Mike_Hawk If her body actually made you gag, then there's probably something wrong with you.

To find something unattractive means something is wrong? I have physical reactions to bodies all the time. If i see a fat, hairy man it makes my face scrunch up and I want to gag. If i see a fat saggy woman it elixicts the same reaction. I can't help it, it's my body's natural reaction to seeing something i find disgusting. (different anon)

@To find something unattractive means something is wrong? I have physical reactions to bodies all the time. If i see...

Depressed people can't help being depressed, that doesn't mean something isn't wrong. I never said the other anon was a bad person or trying to have that reaction, I'm just saying it's extreme and abnormal to have that sort of reaction.

In all fairness, I'm not particularly fond of naked women to begin with, but she looks like a roasted pig with a pretty face.

@In all fairness, I'm not particularly fond of naked women to begin with, but she looks like a roasted pig with a...

That's fair, but to be so repulsed by somebody that you have a significant physical reaction to seeing a picture of them? I don't know you or how weak of a stomach you have, but that's pretty bad. I don't think anyone could elicit a physical reaction out of me like that on sight, ever, no matter how unattractive they are.

That's just me, though. I hardly consider her big. I happen to find this picture very attractive, though.

@Mike_Hawk That's fair, but to be so repulsed by somebody that you have a significant physical reaction to seeing a picture of...

I was going to say that too; she's really can hardly be considered "fat." I mean, there are a lot, lot, lot worse.

Whether she's fat or overweight or curvy or whatever, her face is still gorgeous. I wonder how many people actually looked at her face.

@NitaCallahan Whether she's fat or overweight or curvy or whatever, her face is still gorgeous. I wonder how many people actually...

Her photoshopped face. It's too tight to be hers. Plus the skin color & angle seem a little awkward.

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +4Reply
@Serg Her photoshopped face. It's too tight to be hers. Plus the skin color & angle seem a little awkward.

It's the lighting. If you look at the highlights on her face they're consistent with those on her arm and chest.
And even if she was photoshopped, people are still focusing on her body.

@NitaCallahan It's the lighting. If you look at the highlights on her face they're consistent with those on her arm and...

People ARE focusing on her body, but her face was changed and dolled up, because that's what we differentiate each other with, thus that's what defines beauty.
That pretty face is just a distractor of her body type. I'd be more convinced if she wasn't wearing as much makeup, but society wouldn't like that, either, would it?

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +4Reply

It looks like she got a spray-tan before the shoot which is why her face, with makeup matches the lower side of her arm.

Plus, I played with the picture in picasa, lighting-Text and whatnot.

I looked at the tumblr page and was wondering
"why is they nude?" or appearing nude