+61

"...respecting it doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with it" ~Watchful_questioneer

fuzalas avatar Quotes
1 12

We're quoting other users in posts now?

@TheBlindMan We're quoting other users in posts now?

is that against the rules or something?

I mean, I don't think watchful_questioneer is the first person to ever say this...

I like this. Quoted or not, it's true.

HE'S ONLY BEEN HERE A MONTH! He's cool and all, but one month and for 100 posts and that means he's quote worthy? Wow.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Disagree -3Reply
@Skr3wBall HE'S ONLY BEEN HERE A MONTH! He's cool and all, but one month and for 100 posts and that means he's quote worthy? Wow.

the length of time he has been on here does not determine the value of his words
plus, I think he was on here as anonymous for 1+ years
which doesn't matter in this situation considering what I just said

if I happen to find something you commented very interesting, I can gladly quote you too

@Skr3wBall I still don't like the idea of quoting since people can speak for themselves.

sometimes, people say things in a way that paraphrasing would change it the wrong way

maybe not the meaning, but the significance of structure

plus, you'd have to cite with paraphrasing too

also, quoting does not take away from an individual's ability to speak for himself/herself
it can actually add to that skill

you don't like that idea
I don't agree with it, but I respect it