+56

Assuming you could still get water easily, and plants, technology and stuff can also adapt, you would like to live on a planet covered with an ocean of perfluorohexane (breathable liquid) amirite?

B10ckH34ds avatar
2 12
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Periods would suck more.

Wouldn't it totally fuck up your skin? That's what happens to people who are in water for too long at a time over a long period...

@TommyUK1234 Wouldn't it totally fuck up your skin? That's what happens to people who are in water for too long at a time over a...

If we all lived on such a planet, we'd eventually adapt. This stuff doesn't happen to aquatic mammals, so if humans lived on such a planet, we'd have similar traits to prevent turning into prunes.

Then again, we'd also probably have flippers instead of feet. Anyway, that's beside the point. The main point is that it would be cool if we could swim in the atmosphere and just stop holding stuff and it wouldn't plummet to the ground.

I'm pretty sure they use this stuff to treat people with burned lungs or something, but it's a mild irritant. THat's also somehting we'd get used to.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply
@B10ckH34d If we all lived on such a planet, we'd eventually adapt. This stuff doesn't happen to aquatic mammals, so if humans...

Well...we wouldn't just "get used to it" from how we are now. It would take thousands upon thousands of years of evolution. If you're talking about us originally evolving on such a planet then sure, but we couldn't just go to such a new environment now and then be ok, haha.

@TommyUK1234 Well...we wouldn't just "get used to it" from how we are now. It would take thousands upon thousands of years of...

Yeah. That's why I said live on the planet, rather than move to the planet, implying that we lived there all along. I guess that was hard to get though...

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -2Reply
@B10ckH34d Yeah. That's why I said live on the planet, rather than move to the planet, implying that we lived there all along...

Just saying "live on" the planet doesn't indicate at all that it's where we evolved or originated from. I live in Beijing now, but it doesn't mean i came from here! hehe

That sounds like hell to me because I'm scared of large bodies of water..

@B10ckH34d Isn't that because you'd drown in them?

I know how to swim I just don't like water but yes drowning sounds terrible and I'm also afraid of the things in there.

I'd miss sports, i'd like it if there were a sort of "air pool" like we have pools of liquid here on Earth

@Watchful_questioneer I'd miss sports, i'd like it if there were a sort of "air pool" like we have pools of liquid here on Earth

We could have that. they'd be like domes. Like how a bowl holds water, an upside down bowl holds air.

@B10ckH34d We could have that. they'd be like domes. Like how a bowl holds water, an upside down bowl holds air.

that's be cool. you could have athletic staduims, maybe even entire parks like that