+8

Immersion games based off things like Harry Potter and most anime should require the player to shout the move names, in single or online play, to use them so as to remove confusion with simple movements and actual attacks, amirite?

B10ckH34ds avatar Games
0 3
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I struggle with speech recognition software due to my accent. It's bad enough when I'm trying to speak to an actual human being at the bank and wouldn't personally purchase a game which required me to shout moves. If it was optional and I could just press the A button instead then it wouldn't be quite so bad.

Kiras avatar Kira No Way 0Reply
@Kira I struggle with speech recognition software due to my accent. It's bad enough when I'm trying to speak to an actual...

Immersion means like they want you to really fee like you're there, so they're motion games like Kinect games. You need motion anyway, and Kinect has voice recognition in some places. Anywya on second thought, I think it should be a menu option for enhanced gameplay rather than a requirement.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply
@B10ckH34d Immersion means like they want you to really fee like you're there, so they're motion games like Kinect games. You...

Yep, I enjoy immersion games (like PlayStation Move & Wii Motion Plus - haven't tried Kinect yet). It's just voice recognition that I personally struggle with on some games. As an optional extra it's pretty cool for those who do have the right voice for it though. Mass Effect 3 did something similar on the 360 version (I'd traded in my 360 by then so didn't get to see if that particular voice recognition would or wouldn't work - played it on the PS3 instead). So yes, if it was just a menu option rather than a requirement then I'd agree with you. Guess I just got stuck on the word "require" in your post!

Kiras avatar Kira No Way 0Reply