+100

Instead of telling me to turn off my lights every time I leave a room, how about we turn off the screens in Times Square, amirite?

Image for post Instead of telling me to turn off my lights every time I leave a room, how about we turn off the screens in Times Square, amirite?
Skr3wBalls avatar Jokes & Humour
4 18
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Maybe if we turned off all those lights, we'd be able to read this post.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are +23Reply
@MusicIsAGift Maybe if we turned off all those lights, we'd be able to read this post.

I tried for 10 minutes to find the best spot to put this post visibly. It just wasn't working.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Skr3wBall I tried for 10 minutes to find the best spot to put this post visibly. It just wasn't working.

if you increase the shadow in the background
the white font shows up much clearer
but then the lights in the picture may not be as clear
can't win them all

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply

People across the country turning off their lights at home would amount to way more savings than shutting off screens in times square.

@scojo People across the country turning off their lights at home would amount to way more savings than shutting off...

Yeah, but not everyone does it. And the screens are on 24/7 7 days a week and people normally turn off their lights when they go to sleep. If Times Square shut off, there'd be quiet a difference.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall Yeah, but not everyone does it. And the screens are on 24/7 7 days a week and people normally turn off their lights...

It wouldn't be "quite" a difference. The plant that supplies power to that area would more than likely not notice it by very much. Times Square is in New York.

It would be like cutting your hair and exfoliating your skin to lose weight.

@scojo It wouldn't be "quite" a difference. The plant that supplies power to that area would more than likely not notice...

I live in New York, I just passed by Times square it is huge, lit all the time and has a bunch of completely lit 15 story buildings. It might not be a huge difference, but it'd definitely be effective in saving energy.

Turning off your light benefits the person paying your electric bill.

@1874665

I could've changed it to Tokyo, they have a lot of lights too. Same with lots of places in Europe.

...why? If the people who own the screens are willing to pay for that electricity, why save the energy?

@thatguys ...why? If the people who own the screens are willing to pay for that electricity, why save the energy?

Well a lot of people want to save the Earth and Times Square beign down for a while would make a difference I would think.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +2Reply
@thatguys Hahaha you voted me down when I provided sources and everything! How pathetic!

I didn't want to reason with you because you're arguing and acting like you're better than me when I couldn't care less. I said people think the world needs to be saved because of pollution and climate changed, I didn't say I thought so. It's cool that we're not dying I guess, but frankly I didn't even bother to read all of what you said, I didn't want to deal with something I couldn't care less about. But now I responded, do you feel better? Am I less pathetic to you? Are you done?

@Skr3wBall I didn't want to reason with you because you're arguing and acting like you're better than me when I couldn't care...

Acting like I'm better than you, no. Acting like I am more correct than you, yes.

"I didn't even bother to read all of what you said"
Yet you downvote? I'm lost...

"I didn't want to deal with something I couldn't care less about"
You don't care about the credibility of your own post? It's ok, I can tell.

"Am I less pathetic to you?"
Not really

"Are you done?"
Am now!

@thatguys Acting like I'm better than you, no. Acting like I am more correct than you, yes. "I didn't even bother to read...

I said people want to save the earth, I didn't say I did. If other people think the world needs saving, I think they should sign a petition to get Times Square shut down for a while. I, now that you showed me, don't think the world is in danger. It's cool you tried to prove me wrong, though I don't really know what my point was... If it was people want the earth to be saved, well that's like saying people want god to save them. I don't believe it, but I acknowledge others do, and you totally proved them wrong y smilie

@Skr3wBall Well a lot of people want to save the Earth and Times Square beign down for a while would make a difference I would...

Save the Earth? When does stopping energy use save Earth? Wait, when was the Earth in danger in the first place??

First off, wouldn't the concept of renewable energy completely throw off this post? And the entire idea that energy consumption harms the Earth?

The Earth is fine. Last time I checked the numbers, none of the predicted values of temperatures, rainfall, etc have changed drastically due to energy consumption at all.

The energy consumption over the past few decades:
http://www.treehugger.com/clean...l-warming.html

Average temperature over the past few decades:

Average global precipitation over the past decade:

In case you can't tell, energy consumption has obviously gone up a lot, but nothing else has in accordance with it.