+24

If the censoring of curse words on this website continues, then you are going to consider leaving this website, amirite?

Internet & Apps
0 11

I feel sufated every time I visit this website! It's reulous.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are +10Reply

http://amirite.com/contact
Everyone, suggest that they implement a feature that allows us to toggle on profanity so we can see it again, or just complain about the censorship.

I'm fuckin losing my mind about this

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +7Reply

Whatever happened to them believing in no censorship and against sopa? Like this pisses me off.

Why would you want curse words on this website?

Sewcdfs avatar Sewcdf No Way -7Reply
@Sewcdf Why would you want curse words on this website?

Because I think people should be able to say them if they want to. As long as it's not used in a disrespectful way such as saying, "ƒuck you" to someone, there's really no harm done. The majority of the users on this website are above sixteen years of age, and have already been exposed to curse words. Also, curse words can be used to express emotion and to help get someone's point across. Banning curse words is just completely unnecessary, and it's a form of censorship.

@Because I think people should be able to say them if they want to. As long as it's not used in a disrespectful way...

I can see why people would want to. I frequent another site createdebate and it is all about social debating and free speech. Sometimes people take the language a little far, but it is nice to be able to drop an f-bomb once in a while.

@addltd I can see why people would want to. I frequent another site createdebate and it is all about social debating and...

I also see why they would censor a few words - to keep the site clean. Also I agree we sometimes go over the top:)!!

Still, I don't think I'd exactly leave just because curses are banned. If the words "quatercentenary" and "Graecism" were banned from this website, I wouldn't leave the website. So why would I leave if curse words were banned?

@Sewcdf Still, I don't think I'd exactly leave just because curses are banned. If the words "quatercentenary" and...

I think it's more of the principal of the matter- sure, I could survive without using the F word, but the fact that the admins are censoring the site's users when the site is all about opinions and freedom of expression is unnerving.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +7Reply
@rowanne I think it's more of the principal of the matter- sure, I could survive without using the F word, but the fact that...

Yeah. Sure. But I personally think that you don't need curse words to express your opinion.
In a formal debate, people wouldn't use curse words.
And plus, with freedom comes responsibility, amirite?

Sewcdfs avatar Sewcdf No Way -1Reply