+3

You can't wait until the whole dubstep trend has disappeared from mainstream music, amirite?

BetterThanEzra1119s avatar Music
0 7
The voters have decided that BetterThanEzra1119 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't really care whether it stays in the mainstream or not, there will still be underground dubstep artists either way. While the mainstream artists are not bad at all, it's the underground artists I really enjoy listening to.

This is invalid because most mainstream electronica that American audiences like to label "dubstep" isn't actually dubstep. Skrillex touches on elements of dubstep from time to time but most American electronica these days is synthpop, house or techno. True dubstep is more common in the UK.
/musicologist

@BetterThanEzra1119 Whatever it is, it's not real music.

What an asinine thing to say. I'm sick of people accusing genres they don't like of not being "real music".
Of course it's real music. The only requirement for something to be music is to be an artistic composition consisting of sound and silence. They may not be using acoustic instruments all the time (they aren't the meat of electronic music but are still present), but it's still music.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Not music in the sense of what it's produced with, just why it's produced.

The reason for production has no bearing on whether or not it's music either. If I go to the piano and play a Brahms piece, it's still music regardless of the reason. Commercial music is still music.

Imagine if someone called metal music "just noise". Can you see how offensive that is to people who enjoy dubstep? I can see why you think it's not real music, but it actually takes some talent and skill to learn how to produce a good dubstep song. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not real music. For example, even though noise music doesn't sound like music, it's still considered music. And although I don't enjoy it or see why it would be called music, I don't flame the fans.

budgerigar42s avatar budgerigar42 Yeah You Are 0Reply