+54

It is naive to think that companies would still pay living wages to their employees if there were no law telling them they had to pay a minimum wage, amirite?

NDPrincesss avatar
0 9
The voters have decided that NDPrincess is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They aren't even paying living wages, because the MINIMUM WAGE is TOO DAMN LOW!

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are +2Reply
@MusicIsAGift They aren't even paying living wages, because the MINIMUM WAGE is TOO DAMN LOW!

Is it an employer's responsibility to make sure an employee is making enough money to live or is it the employee's responsibility to make sure they're making enough money to live?

@StickCaveman Is it an employer's responsibility to make sure an employee is making enough money to live or is it the employee's...

I don't know why my comment got deleted. There's definitely an issue if minimum wage is not enough to keep up with the cost of living.

@MusicIsAGift I don't know why my comment got deleted. There's definitely an issue if minimum wage is not enough to keep up with...

What is causing the cost of living seem to be so high? Could people be buying things they don't need? Why does the cost of living seem to mysteriously rise every time the minimum wage rises? Why do unemployment rates rise every time the minimum wage rises?

@StickCaveman What is causing the cost of living seem to be so high? Could people be buying things they don't need? Why does the...

You sound like an entitled ceo who gets paid more then the people making the actual product... Do you own Uber??? I think your confused on who laws are suppost to protect

@Toounknown You sound like an entitled ceo who gets paid more then the people making the actual product... Do you own Uber??? I...

I don't know where you're getting all of that from. I'm asking who's in charge of your life? Is it your employer? Does your employer tell you where to buy things?

I'm actually not against raising the minimum wage. But I think it's ultimately useless. You could raise it to $50/hr but the only thing that would change is the number applied. Minimum wage is still minimum wage.

I would rather people take charge of their own lives than wait for the government to do it for them. The government is helpful but it doesn't magically solve each individual's problems.

@StickCaveman I don't know where you're getting all of that from. I'm asking who's in charge of your life? Is it your employer?...

Ok i agree AND am guilty of buying things i dont need...but when your poor the consequences of your decisions are more important,Over paid people think they are smarter even tho they waste way more money.always joke that your managers job is to get you to do your job for the least amount possible. But the people who work labor truly work the hardest and are underappreciated

Ok i agree AND am guilty of buying things i dont need...but when your poor the consequences of your decisions are more important,Over paid people think they are smarter even tho they waste way more money. I always joke that your managers job is to get you to do your job for the least amount possible. But the people who work labor truly work the hardest and are underappreciated

yeaaaa, but we can't just raise them willy nilly. then companies will lay everyone off

unreasonables avatar unreasonable Yeah You Are 0Reply