+6

When I was little, I was a vegetarian, and I also wanted to be a veterinarian. People always thought that I was a vegetarian because I loved animals and wanted to be a vet, but that wasn't the case. People should stop associating veterinarians with vegetarians. Even if a person is both, it doesn't necessarily mean that one influences the other. Amirite?

BlindMists avatar Life
0 7
The voters have decided that BlindMist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Certain things have connotations, and so people will assume. &It's really not a big deal for people to think you don't eat animals because you care for them. What's wrong with that?

I've never heard of people associating the two.

So why were you a vegetarian?

@AndyBlacksmith So why were you a vegetarian?

Because my parents tried to get us to eat right and eat healthy.

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Yeah You Are 0Reply
@AndyBlacksmith So your parents wanted you to be a vegetarian?

Yeah, and so were they. That soon failed though...
We still try to eat as healthy as one can while eating meat. We still eat veggies though, just meat along with it, chicken, turkey, and beef.

@BlindMist Yeah, and so were they. That soon failed though... We still try to eat as healthy as one can while eating meat. We...

Well that's how you're supposed to eat. It's not healthy to have no meat at all, and a lot of people get sick because they don't realize they need extra protein from other places when you become a vegetarian. If you want to eat as healthy as possible, you should just follow the food pyramid. That's really the reason that people make the assumption that vegetarians are that because they love animals, and adding that with wanting to become a vet is almost reassurance to that assumption.