+83

It is very angering to see a man get pissed off and blame the problems society has and his own problems on the rise of feminism. Feminism is not a bad thing but it's like these people actually think it is. Any man who legitimately thinks women having equal rights causes problems is a chauvinistic douche, amirite?.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Jokes & Humour
1 16

This post is inspired by a lot of "anti feminist" "anti female" and "pro man" things I've heard. For example, one poster on here thinks the rise of feminism has forced people to abandon their natural gender roles and it's bad men aren't acting as "manly" because they think men are biologically suppose to act in the way they have seen men act and when they see change in the way men act they think they've been forced to go against nature. Another person I met thinks that so many shootings are done by young white males because their feminist mother was encouraged to leave their father so the shooter didn't have a father figure and thus became a crazed shooter. One even thinks there is unbalance in the work and home place ever since women started working more than before and men starting staying home more than before and that's why the economy is so bad. That's right folks, the bad economy is because of feminism changing gender roles. WTF is with people thinking "Oh, women shouldn't be up there with man. She should be below him, like she was before. Changing this system brings chaos into the world!!" My guess is that they're just pissed off they can't pinch their co worker's ass, ca...

People who blame things on feminism mean feminazism, not what you're talking about.

@Emperorerror People who blame things on feminism mean feminazism, not what you're talking about.

this. feminists who truly want equality are fine in most people's books. the ones we have a problem with are the "feminists" who think all men should be castrated and enslaved to the "superior" women. basially, a reversal of pre-industrial age and some.
tl;dr extremists make the group look bad. whats new.

Well actually, I suppose they'd probably hate feminazis and think they cause problems in society too. But yeah, there are people who have literally said "(blank) problem is caused by the rise of feminism." Ex: the bad economy (women got more jobs), the shootings recently (their feminist mother was encouraged to leave their father so the shooters grew up with out dads) and men turning more girly and being forced to go against their biology.

@Frank_n_Furter Well actually, I suppose they'd probably hate feminazis and think they cause problems in society too. But yeah...

Well a lot of people SAY feminism when what they're thinking of is feminazism, mainly due to the fact that feminism, based solely on the word, sounds like something implying female dominance (I.e. it's not equalism). Buy anyone against actual equality for women or men is an idiot -- I'm sure we can all agree on that.

@Emperorerror Well a lot of people SAY feminism when what they're thinking of is feminazism, mainly due to the fact that...

I agree on that, I don't like that it's called feminism because of exactly what you said.

@Frank_n_Furter I agree on that, I don't like that it's called feminism because of exactly what you said.

That's good to know. I mean it made sense to a degree back in the early 1900s before any of the major movements. But even so, as I said, another term like 'equalism' or something similar would be much more effective at conveying what you're trying to say (or at least what you're HOPEFULLY trying to say) better, and draw more supporters and less against it.

No. I'm not talking about people who hate feminizism. I hate that too. There are people out there who think feminism, not feminist nazis, are bad for society.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Feminism piqued in the 70's. It was a really good movement that made good progress until then. Ever since has been a poor mockery

The problem with this is that the people who really push feminism don't just want equality. They want to be better than men.

@scojo The problem with this is that the people who really push feminism don't just want equality. They want to be better...

That's not what feminism is. I'm not gonna deny there's women out there who do that, but no. Most people who push feminism don't want women to be better than men, they want equal rights. I don't even consider those women feminists even though that's what they call themselves cuz they're not.

@scojo Come on now. Quit believing what people say and start looking into how they act.

Quit thinking the loudest and most obnoxious of the whole group represents the majority. There are way more females who want equal rights than to be put on a pedestal.