+131

Even though it feels like holidays like New Years or Christmas are celebrated everywhere, there isn't a single holiday that is universally celebrated by every human, amirite?

Naggss avatar Holidays & Birthdays
1 43
The voters have decided that Naggs is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If someone disagrees, I'd love to hear what holiday that everyone celebrates

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Naggs If someone disagrees, I'd love to hear what holiday that everyone celebrates

I assume birthdays are celebrated universally in some shape or form
but I could be wrong

then again, are birthdays even holidays? wary smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +8Reply
@fuzala I assume birthdays are celebrated universally in some shape or form but I could be wrong then again, are birthdays...

I know when we were younger we didn't celebrate our birthdays so I don't know if that counts? I mean we all have them but not everyone celebrates them

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +1Reply

I vote down because it's an obvious and unnecessary remark.

So?
There also isn't a language we all speak, isn't a single food we all eat, a single dance we all dance, a single song we all sing, so fucking what? There's 7 billion people on this giant planet, it's just not possible for us all to be connected that way.

@Nacklefoodle I vote down because it's an obvious and unnecessary remark. So? There also isn't a language we all speak, isn't a...

They were just making a point because it sure seems like everyone celebrates "The Holidays" but you never stop to think that a lot of people are just going about their everyday lives on those days

@SemiColin They were just making a point because it sure seems like everyone celebrates "The Holidays" but you never stop to...

Hey, everyone around me celebrates Christmas.
BUT WAIT. MAYBE. Somewhere on Earth, people aren't celebrating Christmas!?!

Wooooah mind blown I should totally make a post about this astonishing revelation

@brunetterox915 Why do you feel the need to be rude on a post as harmless as this?

I'm not trying to be rude, I just think this is unnecessary so I'm expressing my opinion on this

@Nacklefoodle I'm not trying to be rude, I just think this is unnecessary so I'm expressing my opinion on this

I never really stopped to think about it before, so I know at least it made me think. Just because you've contemplated every situation in the world and find every observation unnecessary doesn't mean everyone else does.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@brunetterox915 I never really stopped to think about it before, so I know at least it made me think. Just because you've...

I don't. And I know it's interesting for other people, sure. People are allowed to say "I like this post because of reasons" but I'm not allowed to say why I dislike it? (Cry2)

@Nacklefoodle I don't. And I know it's interesting for other people, sure. People are allowed to say "I like this post because of...

you are welcome to say your opinion of course! but attacking the post is unneccesary and I posted it because I just wanted to see what other people had to say about it

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Naggs you are welcome to say your opinion of course! but attacking the post is unneccesary and I posted it because I just...

You wanted to see what other people had to say about it, except when Nacklefoodle tells you what they have to say about it, he/she gets jumped on for it, this website is to share your opinion, not share your opinion unless it may be offensive.

@TheTall123 You wanted to see what other people had to say about it, except when Nacklefoodle tells you what they have to say...

Saying your opinion is one thing saying it in a rude manner that didn't need to be said that way is another.
Nackfoodle didn't need to be down right mean about it, people weren't getting mad at him/her because of their opinion they were getting mad because he/she was being a bit aggressive about it.

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +6Reply

I wasn't offended by his opinion. But he was being rude about it (and quite frankly he has a history of it so I probably would've kept going had I not known about his previous comments) and saying the post was dumb because he thinks it's common sense. It's not "common sense" and the rest of us are not stupid for not having thought about it before.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nacklefoodle Hey, everyone around me celebrates Christmas. BUT WAIT. MAYBE. Somewhere on Earth, people aren't celebrating...

I don't know why you're so fanny flustered about this.
In fact, I think you're jealous you weren't as quick-witted and supremely intelligent as OP.

@tea_ New Years

Not everyone celebrates New Years at the same time. Not everyone uses the gregorian calendars the Chinese have their own New Years.
And just like birthdays it happens to everyone it isn't celebrated by everyone last year I was flying on New Years and I didn't celebrate it

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Naggs Not everyone celebrates New Years at the same time. Not everyone uses the gregorian calendars the Chinese have...

You don't have to celebrate it at the same time and by the context I took it was, all different ethnicities and what not, not individual people. But even if you didn't celebrate it at the moment, you recognize it later on.

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way 0Reply
@tea_ You don't have to celebrate it at the same time and by the context I took it was, all different ethnicities and...

I said every person in the post and the Chinese New Year and gregorian new year are two separate things so yeah they aren't the same thing

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Naggs I said every person in the post and the Chinese New Year and gregorian new year are two separate things so yeah...

Obviously? And I go by the Julian calender so my New Years' is at a later time, but I still recognize the widespread one. And every person in the post does celebrate New Years, it doesn't matter when.

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way 0Reply
@tea_ Obviously? And I go by the Julian calender so my New Years' is at a later time, but I still recognize the...

Recognizing is different the celebrating.
I recognize Hanukkah Christmas kwanza, Halloween st.paddys day, 4th of July...etc. yet I don't celebrate any of those. I don't celebrate New Years every year but I still recognize it.

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are 0Reply

so true

New Years

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way +1Reply

Way to point out the obvious.

@Rashed Way to point out the obvious.

you really think so?

I didn't think it was obvious

I even learned Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays
when I previously assumed birthday celebrations were pretty universal

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

Birthdays

@kidder4life31 Birthdays

in the first comment I made
(the second comment on this post)
I mentioned birthdays

however
I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays

so birthday celebrations are not universal

The 4th of July is.

@Onee The 4th of July is.

Nope. OP said "celebrated". Some Americans celebrate Independence Day on the 4th of July. But the whole world does not celebrate the 4th of July.

@Onee Yes they do, the forth of July is celebrated worldwide, as it is WORLD indepemdence day.

So do countries that are currently occupied by another one (such as Puerto Rico or Bermuda), that are not independent, still celebrate the world's independence?
Or is it, in fact, the Earth's independence from an evil planet who once occupied every single nation and only went home after a great war known as World War III: Earth vs. Darn New-fangled Aliens?

@tyreeshajones Because it obviously happened just now.

Alright. The original comment was a joke, making fun of the stereotypical ignorant American. I didn't think anyone would actually think I was that stupid. It was fun though, good job putting up with it :)

@Onee Christopher Columbus found the 'new world' which is earth.

How could Columbus find Earth if he was sailing from Spain, which is still on Earth? He encountered Central America. Then, the British came and founded colonies and one thing led to another and on July 4th, 1776, the thirteen colonies signed a Declaration of Independence so England wouldn't have to rule them.

what a post

posts avatar post Yeah You Are -4Reply