-24

I think paper books have become outdated and will be replaced by E-books (Kindle, Nook, etc.) within the next 10 to 20 years. Eventually, I think even students will be expected to own E-books to store their textbooks electronically.

cpm1days avatar Books
0 8

The probability of this makes me somewhat depressed. I guess it's a lot better for the environment though

My school uses ipads

I would rather have my textbooks be on a kindle. It would definitely save space and a lot of my teachers have shortages of books. So having textbooks on kindles could end that problem.

Though I can see digital textbooks becoming the standard sometime in the near future, I don't think that paper books will ever become completely obsolete.

Curts avatar Curt Disagree +1Reply

The existing books will still be used no matter what, otherwise they will be wasted.

My school is requiring us to buy iPads along with the digital version of textbooks that are currently available.