+7

According to amirite, zero divided by zero is zero. When you make a post, then remove your vote, nobody has voted on it and it says "0% agree", amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Education
0 8
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

disagree% = 100% - agree%
but that doesn't work here either

I feel like I'm missing something hmm smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fuzala disagree% = 100% - agree% but that doesn't work here either I feel like I'm missing something

Zero divided by zero is an imaginary number because it is a contradiction of three rules:
1. any number divided by itself = 1
2. zero divided by any number = 0
3. any number divided by zero = anything

@Watchful_questioneer Zero divided by zero is an imaginary number because it is a contradiction of three rules: 1. any number divided by...

ah that's probably what I was missing
imaginary numbers

I was thinking about limits at one point

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's not an imaginary number, that's the square root of a negative number

0 divided by 0 is anything, and that's the basis for limits and calculus

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I'm kind rusty on limits can limits explain his post and my first comment?

Limits (0/0 limits that is) involve a situation in which the numerator and the denominator contain values that are both multiplied by 0. Derivatives are a 0/0 limit based on the ratio of the infinitesimal change in the value of the function over the infinitesimal change in x, and the behavior of that ratio as the change in x approaches 0.

But since 0 out of 0 people voted and there is a situation in which no limit of any kind can be used to determine the percentage that agree or disagree, there is no percentage that can adequately tell you how many people agree with the post. 38% agree makes about as much sense as 0% agree or 100% agree.

@MusicIsAGift Limits (0/0 limits that is) involve a situation in which the numerator and the denominator contain values that are...

even if it might not work mathematically
it just feels like we can say 0% agree and 0% disagree just because the population is 0

@fuzala even if it might not work mathematically it just feels like we can say 0% agree and 0% disagree just because...

I see what you mean, but from a purely mathematical standpoint, it can be virtually anything