-60

Since women have the right to choose whether they keep a child or abort it, I think men should have the right to "financially abort" a child if they so choose.

Bootyliciouss avatar Politics
1 5

It sounds awful but it makes logical sense

I agree. A woman has the right to decide whether or not to have a child. A man should get to decide too. However, if the man wants to see his child, he should have to pay child support.

That is what I have been saying for years and getting horrified looks for. When their is true equality, both sexes have the right to choose. The men should not be left helplessly bound to thw women's decision should they state their intention of not wanting the baby in time for a safe abortion. We should all have rights; to our bodies and our finances.

lanas avatar lana Agree +3Reply

This does make sense. If a women is allowed to abort a baby if she wants nothing to do with it then a man should be able to not have to support his child if he wants nothing to do with it.

Sure it's cruel to the mother if she wants to keep the baby, but isn't it cruel to the baby to kill it?

That's honestly a really good point. I've never thought about that before.