+66

I think all restaurants should be required to list the nutritional content of their foods on their menus so that people can make more informed decisions about their food choices.

snow_whites avatar Food & Drink
0 8

or if you request it it should be readily available

I think that menu would be bigger than the tablecloth in most cases. It should be an optional menu that they keep 10 of in the back, just so when someone does ask for it, they can have it, but they won't be pestering the rest of society with 40 extra paragraphs talking about the same food they can summarize into a sentence.

I think they do that in California

I know what I'm doing to myself if I get triple cheese ravioli lathered in sauce with breadsticks and chocolate cake for desert. But that sort of thing rarely happens and I live an otherwise healthy life so I don't really care about the details of that one dinner. I do think, however, that anyone should be able to ask for a different menu which includes nutritional information if they so desire.

@Wunderscore I know what I'm doing to myself if I get triple cheese ravioli lathered in sauce with breadsticks and chocolate...

It sounds like you're agreeing, then, that people should have access to nutritional information, but you don't think people should be forced to see it?

@Watchful_questioneer It sounds like you're agreeing, then, that people should have access to nutritional information, but you don't...

That's exactly what I think. That way everyone can make a decision and nobody is forced one way or the other.

@Wunderscore That's exactly what I think. That way everyone can make a decision and nobody is forced one way or the other.

I actually agree, in theory. You shouldn't force people to take nutrition into account, because nutrition isn't always peoples' priority, and it's a little unfair to people who come there to make an exception to their diet, when they can afford to eat anything.

However, people who need to lose weight and have unhealthy diets are also going into such restaurants and not caring about nutrition facts. Some even go out to eat on a daily basis. These people, in my opinion, need to look at a menu with nutritional facts, regardless of whether they care or not. If such people were few, then I guess it'd be up to them if they want to be fat, but there are too many people like this, and we need to make people eat better even if that means making them look at nutrition facts when they don't want to

At IHOP (the last time I went there) they had the calorie information.