+5

Americans: Whenever you hear a British person speak on a television show, their accent kinda sticks with you, so you start thinking with a British accent and might have the urge to speak that way.

erinburcham79s avatar Language
0 6

I was watching a movie that had only one guy with a British accent

somewhere in the middle of it,
I grew accustomed to his accent
and I eventually stopped hearing it

@fuzala I was watching a movie that had only one guy with a British accent somewhere in the middle of it, I grew...

Oh my gosh that happens to me too. But then I start narrating in an accent in my mind, and it's weird but fun.

@erinburcham79 Oh my gosh that happens to me too. But then I start narrating in an accent in my mind, and it's weird but fun.

Side story: my relatives from England came over and my brother and cousin went to Canada with them

those two hung out with my relatives for so long that they picked up their accent without being aware

My brother kept it for a few days after they left but then I rubbed off on him and he got his old accent back

@fuzala Side story: my relatives from England came over and my brother and cousin went to Canada with them those two hung...

That's cool. I have a Canadian friend, but I never stay with her long enough for that to happen. I just laugh whenever she says, 'aboot' or 'soorry'. I think it's cute.