-11

You can think of a situation wherein committing rape is the moral route, amirite?

Lens avatar Life
0 11
The voters have decided that Len is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can think of several, though I doubt the situation would ever go down.

@Len What did you have in mind?

Satan's gigantic finger is slowly going up my rear (and he never cuts his nails) and if I do not rape some female that I find attractive, he will shove it all the way through (killing me) and blow up one half of the Earth.

Now see again, this would probably (and hopefully) never happen, but it is a situation indeed.

I'd agree with your post if you had said a plausible situation.

I don't think rape is ever justifiable.

Bun10s avatar Bun10 No Way +2Reply

If there are any, I cannot think of them.

I thought of being in a room with a woman and a maniac with a gun breaking in and telling me if I don't rape her then he'll kill us both, but in that situation I think both the woman and me should be considered rape victims and the guy with the gun should face two charges of rape, since we were born forced to have sex.

Nope, I'd like to hear someone's reasoning though.

@SpearmintMilk Nope, I'd like to hear someone's reasoning though.

It might be rather unsatisfactory from me as my senario requires absurdly unlikely events.
Regardless, the idea I had in mind was a post-apocalyptic scenario wherein there are only a few women left. None of which wanted to have children with any of the remaining men.
It's an absurd situation that weighs the future of the human race against the rape of one or a few women.
In this situation I'd feel rape is moral.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Len It might be rather unsatisfactory from me as my senario requires absurdly unlikely events. Regardless, the idea I...

Fair enough. I still don't think that's moral, I'd rather the human race die out than someone be raped to continue it.

I don't know if it's justified then, but this is similar to a critical moment in the novel Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut, in which the only fertile humans left on the planet are on the Galapagos Islands. The only fertile man left on the island is married to a woman who is infertile, and she uses his sperm (against his will) to fertilize the eggs of the other women on the island so that the human species can continue.