+4

Theists and atheists are both in a standstill about one thing: theists can't explain how God(s) got there, and atheists can't explain how the first matter/whatever caused the Big Bang got there. Amirite?

vvaters avatar Religion
0 4
The voters have decided that vvater is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't believe matter "got there." Matter doesn't spontaneously create itself. There's many explanations from scientists to those questions. Atheists don't all believe in that stuff.

@Frank_n_Furter I don't believe matter "got there." Matter doesn't spontaneously create itself. There's many explanations from...

Exactly. No atheists can say for sure how matter came to be how it is today (or however you want to put it). And no theists can explain for sure how God(s) came to be. That's my main point.

vvaters avatar vvater Yeah You Are 0Reply
@vvater Exactly. No atheists can say for sure how matter came to be how it is today (or however you want to put it). And no...

You said explain in the post, it can be explained. Sure means confident in one's own beliefs, you can be for sure if God is real or not. When I say "I'm sure I brought my keys" and lock the door behind me, that doesn't mean the keys are there or that when I discover I locked myself out that I wasn't sure I had my keys before that point.

I thought that the matter had already existed before the Big Bang.

Also, as an agnostic, I believe that (while it is highly possible that the Big Bang did occur) it may have occurred under the guidance of a god figure, but it might not have occurred as such.