-117

I think we should use our prisoners for human/medical experiments, rather than soliciting volunteers or conducting paid studies.

Bootyliciouss avatar Life
1 12

Yeah! Us and the Nazis!

Have you ever heard of "cruel and unusual punishment"?

I dont think any human being should ever be subjected to medial experimentation unwillingly. Just look at Unit 731 and the workings of Dr. Mengele during WW2.

MammaMias avatar MammaMia Disagree +1Reply

Volunteers all have choices. Prisoners wouldnt.

They're still people. The fact that they're in prison doesn't make them subhumans who deserve to have experiments performed on them against their will.

Go look up APA guidelines. Right now. Do it. Have you done it yet? Okay. Now tell me that doing this doesn't violate most if not all of those ethical guidelines. Treating humanity with respect is of the utmost importance, even if in the name of science.

as if the prison system doesn't create enough monsters

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply

The prison system gets it pretty good, free health care and they get a doctor that visits them frequently. Free food, free place to stay at. While we have to pay for that through our taxes. With this, they would be useful for something.

@coolstory The prison system gets it pretty good, free health care and they get a doctor that visits them frequently. Free...

but when they get out of prison
they're gonna unleash their pain out on the rest of us

so...
I say no

plus
it might be unethical to experiment on them without permission

that's why I say go with corporal punishment
http://www.corrections.com/news...-incarceration

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@fuzala but when they get out of prison they're gonna unleash their pain out on the rest of us so... I say no plus it...

What about those that get life in prison? Those that can't unleash their pain out on us.

@coolstory What about those that get life in prison? Those that can't unleash their pain out on us.

they take it out on those who are gonna get out

People in prison who are there temporarily may behave well because they have a chance for freedom

those stuck there permanently don't have that

they have nothing to lose
so they might be more "mean"
and do whatever they please

still ends up affecting those of us who followed the rules

and it goes back to ethics
sure you lose some rights when you do something illegal
but you're still a human being

there are limits of what you can do to an entity that has life in it

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply