+115

Parents should take the time to show both boys and girls how to cook. There would be a lot less obesity in the world if people cooked more.

mickies avatar People & Celebrities
1 11

This seems really counterproductive. I like that.

Lens avatar Len Agree +1Reply
@Len This seems really counterproductive. I like that.

i think what OP is tryina say is that if you learn how to make food, you appreciate a wider variety of food, and prefer freshly cooked food as opposed to processed junk food.

My mom taught my brother and me to cook. and for a while in elementary school she had us each cook dinner one day a week.
I've cooked more, because I enjoy it more, and when I was 12 I took great pride in the fact that I could make things infinantly more complicated than my friends.
He can make awesome brownies though.

Cereal vs. eggs, bacon, biscuits, sausage, waffles, etc...

Makes sense

@WinniethePooh Cereal vs. eggs, bacon, biscuits, sausage, waffles, etc... Makes sense

If that's the eating habits you instill in your kids and cereal is the alternative, then yeah. It could also be broccoli, corn, cauliflower, string beans, carrots, rice, beans, noodles, non fried potatoes, pork, chicken, fish, and a few different types of soup/stew Vs. Cereal, Ramen, T.V. diners, sandwiches, restaurants and fast food. In that case, then knowing how to cook healthy is good. Of course anyone who is taught how to cook, even just cook healthy, is gonna pretty easily know how to cook all of those things you mentioned and other unhealthy food, but if you teach healthy cooking habits that's better than teaching bad ones or none at all.

@Frank_n_Furter If that's the eating habits you instill in your kids and cereal is the alternative, then yeah. It could also be...

I was thinking breakfast...and yes those are very common breakfast choices in America at least but we're fat I guess

@WinniethePooh I was thinking breakfast...and yes those are very common breakfast choices in America at least but we're fat I guess

Those are common choices when you go to Denny's and out to eat for breakfast, no one makes those for breakfast daily, which only proves my point further.

@Frank_n_Furter Those are common choices when you go to Denny's and out to eat for breakfast, no one makes those for breakfast...

They actually do make those for breakfast quite frequently. I know because I do it and I think it's safe to assume I'm not 1 in 310 million that does

Cyanide and happiness :D

YuZs avatar YuZ Agree 0Reply