+306

Party like you were invited.

kingjs avatar
52 34

I know apparently no one gives a shit but me but I find it obnoxious that people are getting POTDs when they've just copy/pasted from other sites.
POTD is suppose to be at least a bit of an accomplishment and/or testament to your wit or ability to incite thought.

Lens avatar Len Disagree +27Reply
@Len I know apparently no one gives a shit but me but I find it obnoxious that people are getting POTDs when they've...

Literally almost all of OP's homepage posts are copied. I don't mean to put him under the spotlight but he should not be getting such high statistics for jokes that none of which have a single citation. Even then, homepage is one thing, but POTD. It's not even OP's fault but the people who suggested it.

Oh...the posts on the homepage have actually been decent lately; it's obvious Ant's really trying to help as a mod and I like how organized the new queue is...

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who's confused about today's POTD. No offense to kingj, but it seems like as soon as everything had smoothed over, we've just taken another step backwards.

I don't blame the OP, so I'm really sorry if this comes off as offensive. Posts like this have always existed. I'm just wondering whether amirite is actually planning to bring back quality or if all this is hopeless.

@1893472

Sure - send an email to us with the POTD you would like to pick and we'll see what we can do

@1893471

Awesome! c:
Sorry for being so whiny, thank you for explaining.

In fact if any of you want to chose a good POTD email us with the subject POTD and we will see what we can do.

Best,

Amirite Support Team

Or (and this is just my OPINION) we could all post original content and be productively creative individuals.

Instead of stealing all your posts to try and come across as funny, you should have played the 'King Julian' character a little more.

Example: 'you hate when your majestic foot is choked to death by your butler, amirite?'

Really lame, but it would have been better than what you're doing now.

Sergs avatar Serg Disagree +3Reply

herpes lawyer

wary smilie

Brilliant. Party like someone wants you to go to a party, but you don't necessarily want to go. Party like that, not like someone who wants to go to a party so bad they gatecrash it, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO FUN.

names avatar name Disagree +2Reply

What are you guys on about?

I came up with this myself...If I didn't I would have cited it....

Grow up

kingjs avatar kingj Agree -12Reply
@Len I'm happy you said that. Very, very...

Did you edit this comment or....

Because I refreshed the page and it was different.

@Statefarm Did you edit this comment or.... Because I refreshed the page and it was different.

Yeah, I was whining about something I thought admin had done (because I have a fancy tinfoil hat that makes me think he's out to get me sometimes) but I'm certain it's just a glitch.

I contacted them directly and removed that section of my comment because my whining on a POTD isn't going to fix that sort of thing.

All votes on comments appear to be frozen, if you up/down vote something and refresh your vote isn't there anymore. It appears to either be site wide or just me, at first I thought it was just on his/my comment.

They sent me an email:

"Hey Len,

We are aware of this and are working on it,

Best,

Tim

Amirite Support Team"
So no worries on that.

Lens avatar Len Disagree 0Reply

There is no point complaining - if you want a better POTD then either suggest one or make good posts yourself. Its all very well complaining and attacking me but half you guys don't event post anything good or in actual fact anything at all.

Don't be hypocrits

kingjs avatar kingj Agree -15Reply
@1893396

Well thats your opinion isnt it.

A POTD is a matter of opinion. The fact that most people have agreed with it shows more people like it than not.

kingjs avatar kingj Agree -9Reply
@1893399

Yes they did chose it but I still think its a good post. The votes speak for themselves. Obviously users are just going to be sheep and follow the majority's view on comments.
Thanks for runing my post with crap underneath here. You could have at least messaged me.

kingjs avatar kingj Agree -6Reply