-15

This site is amazing because it gives people a way to express their opinions worry free. So, it kind of ruins it when people post rude or mean comments for no reason. If you don't have an intelligent reply to a comment, shut up or go to a different site.

Internet & Apps
0 14

"It's so nice that on this site we get to say whatever we want. But those people whose thoughts I dont like can go fuck themselves, no one wants them here."

I think comments of many natures should be allowed. Just like opinions of many natures are allowed.

Tbh, a lot of the "rude" comments that I have seen are just people who are tired of seeing the purpose of this site slowly change. This is not really a blog site, but I keep seeing more people using it as one.

@MusicIsAGift Tbh, a lot of the "rude" comments that I have seen are just people who are tired of seeing the purpose of this site...

I agree with you completely. The rude comments are because I, as well as most of the former members, are tired of this being a place where posting a fail picture makes the homepage. It's frustrating to have a place where you made friends and had laughs turned into a place thats just a place for teenagers to post "deep" thoughts. Not to mention all the personality being sucked right on out.

@DFletch I agree with you completely. The rude comments are because I, as well as most of the former members, are tired of...

This is my first time back in months because the quality of the site seems to be really dropping. If only we had polarthebear and breakfastfan again..

This website is, or rather was, about sharing ideas and opinions, whether they were absurd, inappropriate, offensive, unintelligent, whatever. Opinions are opinions, no matter who agrees or disagrees with them, and this site supposedly welcomes all opinions. In addition, many of the "rude" comments and posts that have been deleted are the gems of this site, because they're not bland like much of what's getting on the homepage now.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Disagree +11Reply

I remember getting in huge arguments with people in the comments in 2010. Now you just get banned. There are too many mods.

"It kind of ruins it when people post rude or mean comments for no reason."

There is always a reason. It's because they think you're a goddamn idiot and want to express that opinion worry-free. You goddamn idiot.

Well, I don't really mind rude comments because that's the person's opinion of my post.

Okay I'm going to lay things down here, not as a moderator, not as staff, but as a long time member of this site.

Things have changed. Fact.
Does that mean the site has to be worse off because of it? Hell no.

People are complaining that they don't get any quality posts anymore, they point to the new staff, they point to the new changes. Let me tell you this: There are less quality posts because people are posting less quality posts. Why is this? You might ask. I like to think that it's because the members who would normally be posting funny/original/thought provoking things are instead spending their time posting complaints. You don't have to look very far, just open amirite and look at the POTD, I can guarantee that no matter what it is someone will have complained about it.
The POTD is a year or two old? People complain that the mods are trying to make amirite look good by putting up old popular things.
POTD is too new? Complaints that a POTD should have proven itself.
POTD is a joke? Complaints that you can't vote yes or no on it.
POTD is too serious? People complain that they used to be funny and witty.

Stop seeing the bad and start making the good. It is possible.

How about you quit getting offended so easily.

I've only been here a week and I love it. Much more intimate then twit-etc. Of course I don't know how it used to be but in my opinion all comments are valid and I am having fun here.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply

I agree I don't thnk rude comments should be tolerated but this can happen on any site. However I have found whenever I flag up a rude comment the mods have deleted it.

kingjs avatar kingj Agree -11Reply