-1

"Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns" One of Obama's original campaign promises was that he would not go after any of American's guns and supports the 2nd Amendment. This guy is a worthless liar, amirite?

miffedmuffins avatar Politics
0 20
The voters have decided that miffedmuffin is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Campaign promises don't mean anything. A campaign promise is just the politician telling the people whatever he has to in order to get elected. It's not just Obama; every politician is guilty of this.

@AtheisticMystic Campaign promises don't mean anything. A campaign promise is just the politician telling the people whatever he has...

That's true, except Obama supporters seem to be delusional about the fact that he is no different and quite possibly worse.

miffedmuffins avatar miffedmuffin Yeah You Are 0Reply
@miffedmuffin That's true, except Obama supporters seem to be delusional about the fact that he is no different and quite...

Well that's the thing, Obama supporters don't care when he lies because he is lying to the republicans. Obama says he isn't gonna go after guns and then turns right around and does it. Well people that support him don't like guns anyway, so they don't care!

@AtheisticMystic Well that's the thing, Obama supporters don't care when he lies because he is lying to the republicans. Obama says...

Just lying to...but, he's still lying to the American people. JUST Republicans? Like Libertarians don't value the Constitution and individual freedom as well? I'd say more so. Thank you for that awful little insight into the Obamian mind. I didn't enjoy it.

@miffedmuffin Just lying to...but, he's still lying to the American people. JUST Republicans? Like Libertarians don't value the...

That was worded poorly. I meant that the lies he tells are meant to appease people that, in this case, are against gun control (republicans). And the people that support Obana (democrats) are in favor of gun control, so when Obama turns around and starts pushing for gun control, of course his supporters are going to pretend that his lying isn't a problem, because his lies further the democratic agenda.

@AtheisticMystic That was worded poorly. I meant that the lies he tells are meant to appease people that, in this case, are against...

Well, Libertarians also oppose gun control. & that's still really awful. I don't care if it's something I support or not, I wouldn't want some crappy politician tainting my issue with dishonesty.

theres a difference between guns and "machines that spit out bullets faster than you can count" He's not even trying to take away the guns, but limit the amount of people that can have ASSAULT GUNS. NOT 9mm or handguns or even rifles/shotguns. Nobody needs a damn bushmaster rifle and if you've ever seen one fired, you would think the same thing. So NO he is not going after the 2nd amendment, not in the sense that you or the crazy republicans are frothing about.

@soberlikekesha theres a difference between guns and "machines that spit out bullets faster than you can count" He's not even...

Try to tell me what an "assault gun" is. I DARE YOU. It has no real definition, it's an arbitrary term that is completely ridiculous. As for your statement about 9mm or shotguns not being banned, you are wrong there. ALL MANNER of firearms are being banned. My friend owns a little .22 with a 10-round factory magazine that would be banned. They are banning weapons based on looks, barrel shrouds, magazine capacity, and folding/telescopic stocks. All stupid stuff. Contrary to your "you would think the same thing" comment, I've fired an AR-15 style rifle and my first thought was "God damn! Everyone needs one of these!"

And just for your information, you sound like a run of the mill, uninformed sheep when you say "bushmaster". Bushmaster is a brand, not a model of firearm. The term you are looking for is "AR-15 variant". My friends and I actually have a running joke where we refer to things as a "Bushmaster" because we find it hilarious how ignorant people arguing for gun control are.

@Mike_Hawk Try to tell me what an "assault gun" is. I DARE YOU. It has no real definition, it's an arbitrary term that is...

An assault gun is any weapon that can be classified as automatic or semiautomatic that has large magazines designed to spit out bullets at a much faster rate than standard guns. Don't be daft by "daring" me such bullshit questions. You know exactly the difference between a pistol and a AR-15 and if you don't you shouldnt be talking about them. And a bushmaster is a brand of gun that MAKES mostly assault weapons. Sorry I didn't realize I would have to say tissue instead of Kleenex. And if you think everything needs a AR-15 you do not know a thing about people and should probably go outside more often. Nobody NEEDS one. People like them because they cause them great entertainment at shooting ranges. But nobody NEEDS that type of gun. And again they are not banning all weapons, but you can believe all the conspiracies you want. If someone, somehow, found a way to buy a beretta 9mm and attached a larger magazine and upped the firing ante, then yes that should be banned because now it's not the same type of gun. So you're correct there on magazine capacity because an important aspect of assault weapons is the much larger mag used to cause more damage.

@soberlikekesha An assault gun is any weapon that can be classified as automatic or semiautomatic that has large magazines designed...

"Classified as automatic or semi-automatic" is the only sensible part of your answer. The rest is, as I said, arbitrary bullshit. The difference between a handgun and an AR-15 is completely irrelevant, I don't know why you even brought that up. AR-15 variants aren't the only thing being banned. There are a variety of guns being banned that fire pistol cartridges, so there is no serious difference between those guns and pistols. I know exactly what Bushmaster is. I think you should be more specific when dealing with this topic. Like I said, you sound VERY ignorant when you say "a Bushmaster" as a blanket term. I think every capable household should have an assault rifle of their choosing. These guns are only powerful if one person has them and the rest don't. If everyone had them, they wouldn't be anything special. Don't NEED them? I could list for days things we have that we don't need. Nobody would be willing to give up other things they don't need, so don't bring up that bullshit argument. I do believe in conspiracies because I am informed. I wouldn't trust the Government if we weren't armed for a second. And your final comment was so silly I won't even address it further.

@Mike_Hawk "Classified as automatic or semi-automatic" is the only sensible part of your answer. The rest is, as I said...

You are being laughably ignorant right now thinking that guns are powerful only if one person has them and the rest don't. And again, why does the difference between automatics and handguns not matter? Theres a reason mass murderers use automatic weapons and not handguns...
And yes please list all the things that we don't NEED that violently plan and conspire to kill as many people as guns do each year. There is nothing that meets that criteria. Not even tobacco and alcohol which kill substantially more people each year, and guess what, both are limited more than guns. And my final comment was silly? When someone has to reload every 4 shots are they not more likely to be taken down by someone else versus someone who doesn't have to reload until after firing for 30 or 50? HOW the fuck do you not take that into consideration? you are trying hard to make me sound stupid but you won't even look at the basic flaws and dangers of automatic weapons and that, my friend, is the silliest thing I've heard yet. Guns are hazardous and we need to learn to regulate them like every other hazardous thing in the world. Even aerosol cans are limited for christs sake.

@soberlikekesha You are being laughably ignorant right now thinking that guns are powerful only if one person has them and the rest...

It's the truth, though. One person with a gun is far less powerful if everyone else has a gun. Oh, now we're talking about automatics? Because there is a difference between pistols and automatics, unless the pistol also happens to be automatic. Simply put, you have demonstrated multiple times that you really don't know the first thing about firearms, so stop talking about them. How are tobacco and alcohol more limited than guns? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!? Do you realize what it's like to actually purchase a gun? You can walk into any store with an ID and walk out with tobacco or alcohol. You need an ID, a thorough background check, a 14-day wait, and permission from the state police to purchase a firearm. Guns don't kill that many people, that's just sensationalist bullshit. Mass-murderers typically use handguns, contrary to what you just said. I don't recall an automatic weapon being used in a mass-murder ever in recent American history. Reloading a handgun or semi-automatic rifle doesn't take that much time. whether it's a 10 or a 100 round magazine, it only takes a second or two to swap them out. That's why it doesn't matter. Guns ARE already regulated, heavily.

People WILL obtain guns illegally. First gun control, and then what? Some cybernetic implant in your ass so you cant fire one? Come down to reality and then we'll talk.

miffedmuffins avatar miffedmuffin Yeah You Are -2Reply
@miffedmuffin People WILL obtain guns illegally. First gun control, and then what? Some cybernetic implant in your ass so you...

Tobacco kills too but since minors can still get it illegal lets just hand it out in vending machines at their school right?

@soberlikekesha Tobacco kills too but since minors can still get it illegal lets just hand it out in vending machines at their...

The problem with that comparison is that showing an ID for something actually makes it really hard to obtain, whereas illegal things are usually easier to obtain if you don't mind breaking the law. Another problem is this in no way addresses how criminals will still have this easy access, and law abiding citizens will not, so it actually creates more danger.

If I can't get an ar-15, why does the ATF need them? Considering the 2nd Amendment was made with Tyranny in mind, what guns they limit doesn't matter. It's meant to keep us on a more even keel. If I can't have it, they shouldn't either.

@miffedmuffin If I can't get an ar-15, why does the ATF need them? Considering the 2nd Amendment was made with Tyranny in mind...

The 2nd amendment was made when the country was just being formed, still on the edge of Britains thumb and had two sides being played tug of war with. Also they only had muskets, so with that reasoing we shouldn't even have these guns anyway. Also the ATF deals with much more in depth crime and violence than your average citizen, and the most important part is they go through routine psychiatric testing to determine they are fit for the job and for their weapons. Unlike the average citizen that can be mentally deranged yet continue to get these guns because there's bullshit regulations.

Just like any politician there is a difference between what Obama says and what he does. Before he was elected for his first term, he promised the public that he would close Guantanamo Bay. Recently, he has issued an executive order which makes it harder for prisoners to be moved out of Guantanamo Bay, a place where suspected terrorists, many of whom are innocent, are confined, tortured, and interrogated, some for over a year, without due process taking place.

@MusicIsAGift Just like any politician there is a difference between what Obama says and what he does. Before he was elected for...

When will the American people realize the real change we need requires us to refuse the unconstitutional two party system? I wonder if I'll ever see a Libertarian in office.

miffedmuffins avatar miffedmuffin Yeah You Are +1Reply