+8

Even if someone is offensive, we don't have to show that we have taken offense especially if this person's goal was to offend. Why would we want to let him/her win like that, amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
1 8
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well, when I'm offended I kinda have to react... Like if I get hit I'm probably going to say ow or something.

@Skr3wBall Well, when I'm offended I kinda have to react... Like if I get hit I'm probably going to say ow or something.

I was thinking of how trolls throw out some really out there things to get a rise out of people

if we show offense there,
we just give them what they want

this post isn't inclusive to all situations

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I was thinking of how trolls throw out some really out there things to get a rise out of people if we show offense...

I've found that if you react to a troll at all they think that they've trolled you, even if your reaction is to logically and calmly point out why they're wrong.

Oh yeah, on the internet you can hold back reactions, but in real life I can't control it as much.

@Skr3wBall Oh yeah, on the internet you can hold back reactions, but in real life I can't control it as much.

when I get offended in real life
my face can still remain meh
especially if the offender is a stranger or even someone I'm not very close to

I can't stand confrontations so I usually just swallow the offense/anger before I say something illogical/vicious

My one friend is purposely annoying to get a rise out of people. I've learned to just say "okay" and move on

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply