+77

One may only criticize once both sides have been heard.

Watchful_questioneers avatar
1 14

This works with a lot of things but maybe not all of them

If someone is a poo poo eater
I find fault with that without even hearing what the poo poo eater has to say

the only exception I can think of is with a life or death situation where the person is starving
then, I would not find fault

@fuzala This works with a lot of things but maybe not all of them If someone is a poo poo eater I find fault with...

Or if he was being forced by some weird criminal and they had to do it to save their family.

You never know, someone telling you about it might just omit that

@Watchful_questioneer Or if he was being forced by some weird criminal and they had to do it to save their family. You never know...

yeah now I agree

out of context
something can sound really bad
but the situation can make the difference

I plan on making a post about this
prepare yourselves

I don't believe you ever get to criticize.

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Disagree -3Reply
@Deathelf I don't believe you ever get to criticize.

What about when you've heard both sides and realize something needs to change? You sit quietly and let it go on? Criticism is needed to stimulate and encourage change where it is needed

@Watchful_questioneer What about when you've heard both sides and realize something needs to change? You sit quietly and let it go on?...

I don't believe in judging people. I can give constructive criticism without judging the person. I might have misunderstood the word 'criticize' though and given it a negative connotation.

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Disagree 0Reply
@Deathelf I don't believe in judging people. I can give constructive criticism without judging the person. I might have...

Yeah, I didn't mean judging someone, that's a whole different discussion. It's not what I meant about criticizing, though.

And I think it's okay to judge as long as we keep our minds open enough to accept that our judgments may be wrong

You judge people on a daily basis without even realizing it. Our brain works subconsciously to form categories that allow us to go about our life without thinking too much about what we just experienced.

Apparently, you don't believe in a basic human mental process. Someone who claims that they don't judge people at all is deluding him/herself.