+162

You feel bad when someone speaks highly of you or compliments your character (e.g. being called hardworking or honest), when you've actually been quite the opposite lately.

hydroGENs avatar
8 3

I never do work at school and I'm rarely there, but I do co-op in the library and the teacher librarian always tells everybody how much of a hard worker I am and what not when I am at school. I awlays feel so uncomfortable

@ItsATrap I never do work at school and I'm rarely there, but I do co-op in the library and the teacher librarian always...

I learned after volunteering some that it's very easy to be considered a hard-working volunteer. I found out because I worked with another volunteer who came on different days, and she complained whenever she had to do anything she didn't want to. To the people assigning the task. She then proceeded to take as long as she could on one task.
So, you could be doing better than you think.

@sighcantthinkofaname I learned after volunteering some that it's very easy to be considered a hard-working volunteer. I found out...

I always finish doing whatever I'm doing too fast for the teacher to give me another job to do, so I guess I am doing better than I think. It's awkward when one of my old teachers comes in, because she'll say how well I'm doing and I bet they're standing there thinking "Why the hell couldn't you have put this much effort into actual school work."