+42

Too little, too late, amirite?

Image for post Too little, too late, amirite?
News & Current Events
0 5

Can somebody please explain the big deal? I really don't get why this is such a big thing.

He's a figurehead for cancer. That's all. Don't tell me you're inspired by cycling, because you're not. He got cancer, got better, and won a few races. Do steroids nullify his accomplishments? I don't think so. Breaking news, athletes sometimes cheat. He still raised millions for cancer research and other shit. America, where people worship a guy riding a bike more than people who actually do things.

@guitarplayer213 He's a figurehead for cancer. That's all. Don't tell me you're inspired by cycling, because you're not. He got...

It's a biological equivalent of using a jetpack in a high jump contest. It's not his own achievement, but one gained by using chemicals that give an edge over the competition that he didn't work for. That being said, it doesn't make his charity worth less, just his cycling achievements. Also, if everyone used performance-enhancing drugs, it would be okay because everyone's equal again.

And any athletes caught cheating are treated the same way. And he was supposed to show that cancer doesn't have long-lasting effects because you can still beat people who have never had cancer. All that is now called into question.