+3

There is no point in starting a revolution, by definition you will always end up back where you started. Amirite?

VicZincs avatar Politics
1 10
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Starting a revolution is certainly impossible if we think it so.

Also: "All revolutions are impossible until they happen; then they become inevitable." - Albie Sachs

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc Revolution, noun, a procedure or course, as if in a circuit, back to a starting point.

revolution: (noun) A forcible overthrow of a government or social order for a new system.
(in Marxism) The class struggle that is expected to lead to political change and the triumph of communism.

Since this was under "War" I assumed this to be one of the above definitions (although they are really the same, the second is just more specific.)

@MusicIsAGift revolution: (noun) A forcible overthrow of a government or social order for a new system. (in Marxism) The class...

You are right, but I think history shows that eventually everything comes full circle.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are -1Reply
@VicZinc You are right, but I think history shows that eventually everything comes full circle.

There are tons of examples of when a revolution lead to major change.

@drhannah There are tons of examples of when a revolution lead to major change.

The Russian revolution created major change, but 90 years later things are getting back to the way they were before. Putin is not much better than Nicholas.

One revolution of Neptune is 164 earth years. These thing take time to come full circle.

Classism in France is approaching the same levels as were felt in the late 1700's, 30 years before the revolution there.

Just saying...what goes around comes around.

@1892173

OK. So what do you want me to prove? That the word "revolution" implies "coming back around"? I think Aristotle, and Tocqueville beat me to it, so I'll leave that for your research assignment.

Aside from Natalie Portman's beauty, did you take away anything from V is for Vendetta?

Just to point out that coups, civil wars, rebellions, are not revolutions.
There has only been 6 or 7 true revolutions since the Athenian Revolution in 500BC.
If you look at the American Revolution we now have taxation without representation and are well on the way to dismantling the Bill of Rights.
I am all for regime change – just want to make sure if/when it starts we don’t end up back where we started, like they did in Egypt.