-4

I've been condescended to, yelled at and called an asshole among other things for simply criticizing and questioning religion on here without ever personally attacking anyone. That indicates something fairly negative about the nature of faith, amirite?

Religion
0 23
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

that's not true

people condescend, yell, call out rude names, etc. when it comes to politics, lifestyles, and pretty much everything else

it doesn't mean that there's something fairly negative of politics or other topics

it just means that people disagree in their views

when their views clash
emotions run high and people start insulting
which can hurt their argument

@bezoarus Politics aren't negative?

what about all the other things people get hyped up about?

"Blue is the best color"
"NO PURPLE IS"
"YOU'RE STUPID"

colors aren't generally negative
but people can get condescending and rude about colors

also, looking through the comments on that other post
a non-faith based person was the one who called you a rude name
http://amirite.com/754282-there...-world/1892464

@fuzala what about all the other things people get hyped up about? "Blue is the best color" "NO PURPLE IS" "YOU'RE...

in short, people can just be rude in general
whether they are religious or non-religious

@bezoarus Politics aren't negative?

I like how you YYA this post even though you called religion a stupid fairy tale. It speaks more something about you, not them.

No, it indicates something about the person you're talking to.

@Frank_n_Furter No, it indicates something about the person you're talking to.

I said it's stupid to believe in fairy tales. No one would argue with me, however, if you replaced any religious text with a book of Grimm's. It is the duty of the religious to prove how religion is not a fairy tale before they can attack me for calling it so. And I clearly stated that I criticized religion. That is my criticism.

bezoaruss avatar bezoarus Yeah You Are 0Reply
@bezoarus I said it's stupid to believe in fairy tales. No one would argue with me, however, if you replaced any religious...

So don't be surprised when they don't like someone acting like a condescending twat about a huge part of their life. That has nothing to do with their religion, their religion doesn't make them pissed off that you talk down on something huge to them, you being a cunt does. I really don't understand the sense of entitlement in people who think they can just say just criticize whatever and if someone gets pissed off about it, it's not your fault, it's their's. And then you go blame the thing you criticize for it. Seriously? It speaks nothing of the faith, it speaks about how that individual reacts, and in your case what you said and how you said it. People like you are the same ones who think that Muslim terrorist attacks means the Muslim religion is violent.

@Frank_n_Furter So don't be surprised when they don't like someone acting like a condescending twat about a huge part of their...

Cunt? Twat? Good job. Why would you even call them the Muslim terrorist attacks if Islam had nothing to do with it? I am entitled to criticize religion, by the way. It's kind of a first amendment right in fact. The same way religious people are entitled to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats and silently or loudly judge others for not believing in the same god, gods or goddesses.

@bezoarus Cunt? Twat? Good job. Why would you even call them the Muslim terrorist attacks if Islam had nothing to do with it?...

Yes, cunt and twat. That's what you are if you talk shit to someone about a huge thing in their life, possibly even the driving force to their life. It's worse than talking shit about someone's mom. No one is saying you don't have a right to criticize your religion. It's the same as me telling you they have a right to be pissed off- why even mention it if no one is talking about it?? It's a really stupid thing to say on your part, too, makes you a hypocrite. Again, that speaks nothing of their faith. It speaks of them. You just keep dragging the point elsewhere.

@Frank_n_Furter Yes, cunt and twat. That's what you are if you talk shit to someone about a huge thing in their life, possibly even...

I have the right to criticize anything. You have the right to call me names. Isn't the first amendment wonderful?

@bezoarus I have the right to criticize anything. You have the right to call me names. Isn't the first amendment wonderful?

Yeah it totally is. So is the condensing attitude that people have where they think they can say what ever they want and any criticism toward it shouldn't be allowed. AGAIN, NO ONE IS QUESTIONING YOUR RIGHTS. How dumb do you have to be to bitch about people using their rights then bitch about people using their right to free speech, WHILE USING YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH?

@Frank_n_Furter Yeah it totally is. So is the condensing attitude that people have where they think they can say what ever they...

I didn't bitch about people using their rights. I bitched about how the way those rights were being used indicated something fairly negative about what they were using them for.

And is there anything more condescending than the belief that others who don't believe in your beliefs are going to hell or are sinners or need to be enlightened in some way?

@bezoarus And is there anything more condescending than the belief that others who don't believe in your beliefs are going to...

Because EVERYONE who believes in a higher power takes their faith to the extremes and judges others? It's already been stated that being an asshole has nothing to do with religion, but you decide to ignore that and think of every religious person as retarded and angry.
Just as there are believers who are calm and don't let their faith rule their life, there are extremist murderers who will cut their balls off in the name of god. That goes both ways. There are atheists, and there are people like you.

Sergs avatar Serg No Way 0Reply
@Serg Because EVERYONE who believes in a higher power takes their faith to the extremes and judges others? It's already...

If you are a true believer in a faith than those ideals should go along with it. If you don't believe that the only way to heaven is accepting Jesus as your savior, then you are not a Christian. No matter how calm the belief might be, those judgements still exist.

@bezoarus If you are a true believer in a faith than those ideals should go along with it. If you don't believe that the only...

I like how you avoid the part where you're just as bad as the people you condescend to then hate when people do the exact same thing you do.

@Frank_n_Furter You mean like the exact same condescending attitude you have?

If the truth hurts, call it condescension. I don't really care.

@bezoarus If the truth hurts, call it condescension. I don't really care.

I love how you call it "truth" with no evidence, it's just shit you do that other people do also.

@Frank_n_Furter I love how you call it "truth" with no evidence, it's just shit you do that other people do also.

I stick with my previous statement. It may sound condescending because faith requires people to take any criticism of their belief system as an insult.

If you have been called that word I seriously doubt it was from a Christian. I sincerely apologize for them, and the job of a Christian is to gather as many people up to go into heaven with them. Since you never know when The Lord will come then you have no time to waste. This is why Christians act in such a manner.