+27

Making someone hate you and exit your relationship so you don't have to is cowardly and probably requires more time and effort than simply ending it yourself, amirite?

Lens avatar Life
0 4
The voters have decided that Len is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's also really bad when you break it off with someone out of the blue after they've dedicated months to trying to save the relationship. wary smilie

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1893691

All of these "you"s and "they"s are confusing me.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1894003

Know what? Here's the situation I was talking about: I had a girlfriend. I am a very anti-social person with a lot of issues. She also had a lot of issues. The relationship, as it was, was not working out. I didn't want to give up, so I told her I thought we should take a break. I spent months trying work on myself in order to make the relationship work, then she all of a sudden decided she never wanted to speak to me again.

I never broke off contact with her, I simply told her I really wasn't ready for a relationship. I still wanted to hang out with her and talk to her, I just couldn't do it at the level that we were. She knew I had every intention of starting the relationship back up down the road.

I've had an awful habit of doing this, but I've had a strong irrational fear of talking to people about it. Moreover, after a while in some long-distance relationships, I get a strong urge to avoid them for no apparent reason.

Gotta talk to my therapist about this.