-109

The Burka should be banned from being worn in public places.

Politics
0 11

why public places?
they're usually not worn in private places anyways

now if you're talking about the face veil
that's another story

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply

I'm talking about this kind Image in content

@I'm talking about this kind

How in any way does that hurt you or anyone else if a woman chooses to wear a burka in public?

Is it too stealthy for you?

Lens avatar Len Disagree +16Reply
@Len How in any way does that hurt you or anyone else if a woman chooses to wear a burka in public? Is it too...

I don't know about anywhere else, but in Australia, people are banned from wearing motorbike helmets, for example, in buildings such as banks or shops, as they need to be identifiable by security cameras if something goes wrong, such as if a crime occurs. I think if there is a law banning helmets, then burkas should also be banned in those places, because they limit identification much the same way as helmets, and I don't believe they should be an exception.

But I don't think they should be banned in public in a general sense. If people are allowed to wear a motorbike helmet or cover their face in some other way, then the burka should not be limited, either.
I have no problems with people choosing to wear a burka for religious reasons, but I don't think the fact that is a religious thing should exempt it from other rules.

@carelessconfusion I don't know about anywhere else, but in Australia, people are banned from wearing motorbike helmets, for example...

It tends to be slightly suspicious when people wear helmets inside. They wear it either to commit a crime or because they are too lazy to take them off or a reason like that. A burka is a piece of clothing worn in a religion they have a reason for wearing it.

Burkas don't affect your everyday life why should you care? If people are so worried about crime happening while they are wearing their burkas they could be stopped by a security officer ( women) and be asked to show their face for a few brief seconds so they are now identifiable.

Izzie_23s avatar Izzie_23 Disagree +4Reply

Hell, good enough for me. Although I still really wouldn't want the law to be as broad as the post suggests.

Lens avatar Len Disagree +3Reply

I agree with most of what you said but the Burka is not a religious item. No where in the Koran does it mention the woman must cover up - it tells them to dress modestly - like any decent human should.

It doesn't hurt me. I'm talking about the full Burka here and 1. it's alien to western culture. 2.Security reasons. You are not allowed to walk into a bank or petrol station with your face covered - unless you're a muslim woman wearing the full burka. Why should a Muslim get away with being covered based on ancient superstitions? You would be stopped in the street if you are wearing a balaclava - the burka is almost the same thing. 3. No where in the Koran does it say women have to wear it - it doesn't even mention the thing.It's not a religious item. 4. Sometimes the woman doesn't chose to wear the thing - men are known to force the women to wear it because in the Islamic world women are not allowed to free mix with men they must cover up.

While I'm against Burkas, since nowhere is it said in the Quran that they have to cover their face and not even that they should cover their hair, but that doesn't mean they should be banned; everyone has the right to wear whatever they want, and no one should be forced to wear or not to wear something.

Mayas avatar Maya Disagree 0Reply

I just hate it when girls are allowed to wear head coverings in school when no one else can.

The burka should be mandatory for public places for the purpose of lower the rape rate. Women go out dressing like they're about to have sex and get upset when a guy tries to have sex with them. The burka solves this problem.