Israel or Palestine? Who do you "support" in the conflict?

28% Palestinians 44% Israel 28% Other
Politics
0 52

I support Israel but I think the best thing for America (thinking selfishly) is just to stay out.

If we back Israel, the Palestinians won't quit their crap until we're forced to blow them off the face of the map and that would cause a Middle Eastern eruption since most of them are also Islamic and back Palestine.

If we back Palestine, we abandon our greatest ally; someone who is essentially an extension of US soil since we were the ones to create their country. In addition, we are pretty much the only force restraining Israel from nuking Palestine and a host of other hostile countries.

But also if we stay out completely, everyone knows they won't be able to settle their woes peacefully. There really is no good solution to this one but at least if we stay out then we won't be part of whatever chaos ensues

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians -1Reply
@Naggs Quit their crap? This is how I know you are ignorant of both sides of the conflict.

Oh yes. I allude to not agreeing with the Palestinian point of view which obviously means I don't know anything about the conflict.

Grow up

@WinniethePooh Oh yes. I allude to not agreeing with the Palestinian point of view which obviously means I don't know anything...

Are you aware that over 50% of the population is children? These are human being that you are so callously "Blowing off the face of the map" isn't this the exact thing that everyone was getting mad at Iran for saying?
These are human beings who live in poverty and disease and war torn lands where they are unable to re-build because of the illegal blockade placed on them by Israeli.

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians -2Reply
@Naggs Are you aware that over 50% of the population is children? These are human being that you are so callously "Blowing...

Its very sad that 50% of the population *are children. True. Doesn't change the fact that Israel is a country and has the right to retaliate when Palestine starts bitching. Literally, Palestine believes they deserve the holy land, Israel actually has it. Therefore, they are unable to rebuild because their religion prevents them from making progress; they continue in warlike ways and Israel of tired of it. Im not saying its ONLY their religion that causes problems but the country is deeply rooted in a religion that is literally tearing the country apart.

Perhaps you are the one that has no fucking clue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...n_Israel,_2012 ...

@TheShamWowGuy Its very sad that 50% of the population *are children. True. Doesn't change the fact that Israel is a country and...

Start bitching? you act like they live cushy lives and that they are being difficult.
This was never religious, the fathers of Zionism were secularists.
Palestinians are native to the land and of British Mandate The Zionists were granted the land of Israel to make up for the holocaust.
But that was not the only piece of land that was up for discussion, they were thinking about the Sinai Penninsula, places in south america and places in the Americas.
Everyone said no because at the time no one like Jewish people.
Extremism breeds extremism so when you consistently treat people poorly eventually all they will have for you is contempt and hatred.
I'm aware of the rockets that Hamas shot into Israel and I know that they had no particular aim, which is illegal under international law to shoot at innocent civilians and I'm also aware that 4 Israeli civilians died and around 230 were treated for injuries (most of them shock).
People keep throwing religion around like it's the reason why no one can get along, but it is not religion it is a racist ideology imbedded in a government that is hellbent on destroying Palestine.
So yeah I have a fucking clue.

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians +1Reply
@Naggs Start bitching? you act like they live cushy lives and that they are being difficult. This was never religious...

Hellbent on destroying Palestine? You really are clueless aren't you? When was the last time Israel launched an unprovoked offensive on the Palestinians? I also find it amusing how Israel has nuclear capabilities and the nation's 4th largest military, and therefore the ability to obliterate the Palestinians at any moment of their choosing and instead decide to sit and beg them to simply be left alone. I guess that's too much to ask for these days and will only get you slandered and attacked.

And I lol at you remarking that this has nothing to do with this religion. Like, are you literate? Do you understand human communication? Because last time I checked, the only reason Israel and Palestine even care about that land (namely Jerusalem) is because it is a holy city to both religions and they both think they have a claim to it. If that wasn't the case, the Palestinians would just be content that they have any land that they can call their own

@WinniethePooh Hellbent on destroying Palestine? You really are clueless aren't you? When was the last time Israel launched an...

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you because you are incredibly rude and condescending and I only care to have intellectual debates.

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians -3Reply
@WinniethePooh Dude, you called me ignorant in your first comment and I'm the rude one?

I said you were ignorant of the conflict not that you as a person are ignorant.

Are you implying that we leave our number 1 Ally because there are poor children in Palestine.

@crazyvt22 Are you implying that we leave our number 1 Ally because there are poor children in Palestine.

If our number 1 ally has repeatedly violated international law and human rights, maybe.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Palestinians 0Reply
@MusicIsAGift If our number 1 ally has repeatedly violated international law and human rights, maybe.

Well the Palestinians did violate human rights when they forced out the Jews.

I support AMERICA.

@1900098

You're forgetting about the West Bank that the Israeli government has settlements illegally in the West Bank.
What the Palestinians want is a chance at life because they have an illegal blockade placed on them.

Not to mention that the state of Israel has discriminatory laws in place for the Arab-Israelis.
What you just said is the typical propaganda I hear from Israelis.

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians +3Reply
@1900102

Ever think that perhaps they are also defends themselves? I don't know if you noticed but the political parties currently in power in Israel are incredibly racist and don't care about reaching peace they just want the Palestinians to cease to exist

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians 0Reply
@1900104

Good result? With almost two hundred civilians dead and thousands injured? But of course nobody cares because they aren't Israeli.
And it's not like the cease fire has been held up because Israel continues to attack the Palestinians shooting and killing mostly children.
And it won't stay that way because Israel won't stop until Palestine ceases to exist.

@1900109

These leaflets are a form of psychological terror.
Also during the "war" (which I'm gonna get to in a second) The Israeli government attacked a news building and killed and harmed innocent journalists (which is illegal under international law) citing that since they are Arab they aren't "legitimate" journalists.
Also you can't declare war on a country that has no army, no navy, no way of protecting itself, a country that is majority children, that isn't war that is murder.
I'm not supporting Hamas, I personally would prefer a more peaceful means of achieving the goal. But peace will never come as long as the political parties in place continue to be re-elected, because they are racist and only want to cleanse that area of any arabs.

And can I ask you about how you feel about Ethiopian Jews being sterilized or Sudanese Jews being harrassed and told to leave Israel because "sudan is for Sudanese" I thought Israel was the safe haven for Jewish people.

@1900179

The whole point of Israel was to be a jewish state..
And they declared war on twitter, it was in the news about how that was "the new age" way of declaring war. Hamas started with the rockets because one of the IDF killed a child playing soccer, it wasn't unprovoked.
So we should sterilize anyone who causes crime? Not to mention that they came under the law of the "right of return" for all people of Jewish descent and i'm gonna take a huge guess and say they have more authentic roots then the majority of Jews living in Israel today.
And again why are they illegal but you came and got a citizenship as part of the right of return?

@Naggs You're forgetting about the West Bank that the Israeli government has settlements illegally in the West Bank. What...

Every country has their issues. But as far as discrimination goes, you're forgetting about the discrimination those who were expelled from Arab / Muslim countries faced. They lost their land, homes, and businesses. Israel has Arabs in government. I can't say the same for the open-mindedness of Israel's neighbors.

Re: the blockade, StealthApple covered that. There'd be no need for blockades if there were no attacks and suicide bombers. It has cut down on the amount of those attacks. How that can be demonized as illegal is beyond me.

@amiwhite Every country has their issues. But as far as discrimination goes, you're forgetting about the discrimination those...

Blockades are illegal under international law, now if Israel wants to be taken seriously they should not continue to break international law. A law is a law is a law.
And again I don't wish to continue this conversation so goodnight

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians 0Reply
@Naggs Blockades are illegal under international law, now if Israel wants to be taken seriously they should not continue...

Suicide bombing civilians is illegal as well, whether on a bus, in the restaurant, or the street. You can't cite one international law while breaking three others. (Not you specifically, general "you.")

I don't either want to debate. I stumbled onto this post though, and felt compelled to comment. I usually try to ignore these types of posts, if I can. Good night.

@amiwhite Suicide bombing civilians is illegal as well, whether on a bus, in the restaurant, or the street. You can't cite...

I know and I condemn suicide bombing, but you all seem to justify Israel breaking the law. (and they broke much more than one.)

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians 0Reply
@1900129

I bet you won't. In fact, you probably didnt even read all of that, and you'll probably forget about what little you did read until the subject comes up again.

Victory for either won't solve anything; they need to find a permanent compromise.

I support peace.

Seeing as how Israel is a country, Palestine needs to back the fuck up. Israel is attacking Palestine yes, in the same way that the US attacked japan after Pearl Harbor. Israel will win the fight, win it decisively, and Palestine has no one to blame but their shitty leaders who are jealous of the tiny sliver of land that is Israel.

@1900175

No worries man, I gotcha covered.

@TheShamWowGuy Seeing as how Israel is a country, Palestine needs to back the fuck up. Israel is attacking Palestine yes, in the...

Seeing as the condition for Israel being recognized as a country was originally the Palestinian right to return or compensation, you can hardly legitimately say that Israel is a country.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Palestinians +1Reply
@MusicIsAGift Seeing as the condition for Israel being recognized as a country was originally the Palestinian right to return or...

No you most certainly can. Any country that has been established since 1948 and is recognized by nearly EVERY other country except the ones that are firing rockets into it, is a country. But lets say im wrong, lets say Israel isnt a country. That the people living their dont belong there. What the fuck do expect them to do exactly? Evacuate everyone? Stop fighting back? Israel is there now and Palestine needs to understand that. Thats the bottom line. In the end it doesnt matter whose land it is (despite the fact that I would argue that its Israel's) ... Israel is there and trying to destroy them for existing is complete bullshit.

@TheShamWowGuy No you most certainly can. Any country that has been established since 1948 and is recognized by nearly EVERY other...

I think you forgot the part where Palestine wen to apply to be a non-member state and Israel voted no.
Or that less then 24 hours after the ceasefire was declared Israel broke it.
It's not about land. It's not about religion. It's not about ethnicity. This is about human rights and everyone seems to just gloss over that...

Also not to mention that fact that people consistently try to deny the existence of Palestine. How are they supposed to recognize Israel as a state when they refuse to even recognize Palestinians as people?

@1900219

What is happening in Syria is a major concern and an injustice anywhere is a problem everywhere. I don't take it lightly when crimes are commited against humanity.
Listen I'm not gonna keep getting into this argument over and over again, thank you for being respectful and goodnight

Naggss avatar Naggs Palestinians 0Reply

The palestinians were forcibly removed from their homes by the british to make way for Israel post world war 2. There is no way you can justify that. I'd fight tooth and nail if i was forced from my home by a foreign military. Anyone supporting israel simply does not know the history behind the situation.

Vaharis avatar Vahari Palestinians 0Reply

I just wish that they'd get the fudge along. Plus I don't really think Netanyahu is being all that helpful in the conflict. The leaders need to talk this whole thing out and let the people just keep living. Killing each other is not an appropriate answer.

Other = neither. It seems like a bitter war spanning generations, and as such I cannot tell who is more in the right.