-1

Girls: You hate your body, amirite?

Image for post Girls: You hate your body, amirite?
People & Celebrities
0 23
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'd like to piss in her belly button.

Of course I have a few things that I dislike, but I don't hate my body at all. I don't love it so much because of how I look, but rather for what it allows me to do.

I do not hate this body.

@SkylarOctavious Neither do I. Who could?

Its owner, apparently. I'll take it if they don't want it. wary smilie

@Mike_Hawk Its owner, apparently. I'll take it if they don't want it.

Assuming the OP actually posted a picture of themselves, and not some random pic off the net... Yes, the owner would be the exception. Oh, and beauty haters are also an exception.

I am literally the fattest out of all of my friends. You can have it.

@I am literally the fattest out of all of my friends. You can have it.

I'm guessing all of your friends are dead, then? And you shouldn't make that offer to me, I'm a very naughty person. hehe smilie

@Hahaha nice (; and no, they are very much alive...

Well then, "fattest" is merely using semantics in a negative fashion. If you truly are heavier than your friends, I'd argue that you are the least skinny. You do not qualify as "fat". (assuming that's actually you) Besides, I don't know many guys who actually dig the skin and bones look. I know one, and that's because he is skin and bones. He has a history of eating disorders and I can easily lift him with one arm. You shouldn't hate your body! Join me, and like your body!

@Mike_Hawk Well then, "fattest" is merely using semantics in a negative fashion. If you truly are heavier than your friends...

You seem extremely nice, and I feel flattered.. But you know, I've been called fat a few too many times, as I'm sure many other girls have too, and I really don't think it's possible to just to start liking my body. Believe me though I do not want to be known as one of those annoying chicks who always call themselves fat, but I HATE my hips and my legs.

@You seem extremely nice, and I feel flattered.. But you know, I've been called fat a few too many times, as I'm...

I try, and I'm glad you do! I try not to be sexist, but I'm willing to bet that it was other women who called you fat. Women tend to be a lot more vicious towards each other than men. Even if that's not the case, everyone has a different reality. I'm sure you are skinny in just as many people's realities as you are overweight; however, I doubt you are overweight from a health-based standpoint. Well, I'm trying not to be that guy, but I think I'd hate your hips and legs just as much as I do what I see in this picture. That is, not at all! hello smilie

Of course you're not going to change how you feel about yourself overnight, but the first step is telling yourself that you aren't fat. Whether or not you believe yourself, you have to tell yourself that.

@Mike_Hawk I try, and I'm glad you do! I try not to be sexist, but I'm willing to bet that it was other women who called you...

"Women tend to be a lot more vicious towards each other than men."

I think this is what you are experiencing:
"Confirmation bias is a phenomenon wherein decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypothesis, and ignore or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypothesis."

"In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/art...ation_bias.htm

@"Women tend to be a lot more vicious towards each other than men." I think this is what you are experiencing:...

This is extremely possible. All I know for certain is that this is my personal experience.

However, I think most people would disagree. Many, including women, also seem to be under the impression that women are meaner to women than men are to men. It makes evolutionary sense; we're all in "competition" with each other in order to secure the best mates. Classically, males prefer to use physical violence. Females don't tend to use that. What else is there to sabotage another female's chance except psychological abuse? Despite all of the pushes for equality, there are fundamental differences between men and women.

@Mike_Hawk This is extremely possible. All I know for certain is that this is my personal experience. However, I think most...

I'm not arguing the differences between men and women. I am sure there are differences; however, the average female can physically fight another average female. If another female came to take the other female's child, she's not gonna go call the other one fat. She's gonna physically fight that other lady to save her kid.

Also, males go through relational aggression too. Men fight physically and women use words, but let's mix the two. Many men will not physically fight a women, but they might go for verbal abuse just like a woman may do so. For example, a male bullying an overweight female by oinking at her and then, laughing with his buddies about it. This can easily be a female oinking at another female just as it is a male oinking at a female.

Going back to the confirmation bias, movies like Mean girls and movies that show a stereotypical male cause people to think that's how the average male/female acts. The repeated scenes of the gossipy vicious female and the oversexualized dumb guy is painted into heads at an early age. With the confirmation bias, people continue to view the genders like so. Thus, many Americans view each gender in such a manner not because this is true, but because of that aforementioned bias and influence from media.

In short, people see these scenes in the media, and the confirmation bias kicks in where they mostly pay attention to real life scenes that match the media's portrayal and much less attention to real life scenes that portray the opposite.

If that picture is really you, then stop! Honestly you're not fat at all. There are so many girls who would kill for a body like that. So don't listen to what anyone else says.

I went through a period of time a few months ago in which I was just disgusted by every part of me that wasn't just how I wanted it to be. But I just got tired of how much time being unhappy took away from things that I enjoy doing, like sports, shopping, and, if I'm going to be honest, stuffing my face with food. Sure, I wish the number I see on the scale was lower, and I have days where I just feel gross, but, as I said below, I've learned to appreciate my body for what it allows me to be capable of doing rather than obsessing over every little nit-picky thing.

I think what you really need is some good exercise in self glorification.
I masturbate to photos of myself and sometimes enjoy making out with mirrors.

That's just me though.

@1930315

HEY! There is nothing wrong with seeking the perverted approval of a stranger. In fact, I whole-heartedly encourage this activity (amongst responsible adults).

@1930317

I was making a joke because I am a pervert who likes looking at images of women's half-naked/naked bodies. If you wanna take it seriously, that's cool, too. This reminds me largely of another argument I took part in on this site. It was discussing the relationship between a person engaging in casual sex with multiple partners and responsibility. I argued on the side that the act was not inherently irresponsible, though is often acted out by irresponsible people.

I present the same argument. Though many irresponsible people may post such pictures on the internet for all to see, it is not automatically indicative of irresponsibility for a person to do so. Where is the intrinsic harm of posting one's body online? I argue that there is none. Some bad may come of it, but that can be avoided with a bit of preparation.

I will agree that this particular person is vulnerable and has some sort of issues, but that's all I agree with.

I don't hate it

but when I was in middle school/high school
I had a very bad self-image

I think that period is when many are like that
(with puberty and all that other good stuff going on)
and then
most eventually grow out of it

I hope you still don't think the same

in my opinion
I don't see a physical aspect to hate in your image

because of the negativity bias
we tend to remember criticism more than compliments
try to focus on the latter more because I am 100% sure that you get compliments

side-note:
I read that people feel the most beautiful and confident in their thirties