+49

Valentine's day and Christmas are not too different. They both come from a nice back story (St. Valentine and the birth of Christ) and they both are about giving and showing love to the ones that you care about. They are also greatly commercialized nowadays. So why is it that people love Christmas and hate Valentine's day? Even if you aren't with someone you can still celebrate love.

TheNewGirlInTowns avatar Holidays & Birthdays
2 7

And they both died for what they believed in.

Because the name "Valentine's Day" suggests that you need a Valentine, or a special someone, obviously typically romantically, to celebrate it.

Bitter single people.

Christmas is not a base on the birth of Christ. Too lazy to explain myself so look it up on Bing :)

Presents.

This is probably the stupidest post I have seen in my three years of being on here.

Lolitas avatar Lolita Disagree -5Reply
@Lolita This is probably the stupidest post I have seen in my three years of being on here.

It's definitely not. I've only been here for about six months and I've seen a lot worse.