-65

Marijuana shouldn't be legalized

rawrsararawr10170s avatar Animals & Nature
0 73

So, OP. Tell me why you think so.

@Len So, OP. Tell me why you think so.

I like how they downvoted your comment instead of replying to you.

10/10 OP, would vote on more of your posts.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +8Reply
@Mike_Hawk I like how they downvoted your comment instead of replying to you. 10/10 OP, would vote on more of your posts.

Maybe I don't like marijuana for personal reasons. I was raised right to know not to do bad things now goodbye

@rawrsararawr10170 Maybe I don't like marijuana for personal reasons. I was raised right to know not to do bad things now goodbye

But you obviously weren't taught critical thinking.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. As an honest guess, I'm going to say you are younger than 14 or 15. Am I correct?

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +7Reply
@Mike_Hawk But you obviously weren't taught critical thinking. Maybe I'm being too harsh. As an honest guess, I'm going to...

No I am probably older than you. And btw I have friends who smoke marijuna but I don't judge them I just don't like it and don't do it myself

@rawrsararawr10170 No I am probably older than you. And btw I have friends who smoke marijuna but I don't judge them I just don't like...

So you don't judge people who smoke pot (even though you just said you were raised to know not to do what's wrong, which IS judging that it's wrong) and want it to be illegal because you're against it for personal reasons? That's terrible reasoning. And personal feelings should be left out of law making.

Surprising. I haven't met very many people in their twenties or older who still think marijuana should stay illegal. Can you at least concede that not personally liking something isn't grounds for keeping it illegal?

The OP isn't really helping themselves here..

Posted an opinion they know would be disagreed with, called the first person to disagree a pothead, refuses to back up their point at all, seems like they're going out of their way to type like a child. . .

I am almost certain we have a troll here.

You a crazy.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +5Reply
@Mike_Hawk You a crazy.

Sorry I'm not a pothead

@Mike_Hawk You so silly.

Maybe if you weren't a pothead you would learn how to speak English...

@rawrsararawr10170 Sorry I'm not a pothead

And I'm not gay but I don't want to criminalise sodomy because what other people put in their bodies is none of my damn business.

Yeah because legalizing pot has no effect on the government's spending of tax money on the war on weed.

drhannahs avatar drhannah Disagree +2Reply

True ok maybe I should have thought about a better post than saying that it shouldn't be legalized but I personal think it shouldn't be unless its for medical reasons

@rawrsararawr10170 True ok maybe I should have thought about a better post than saying that it shouldn't be legalized but I personal...

Just curious. What reason do you have for it being illegal? From my eyes, alcohol is really on the same level as marijuana, so I say, "if alcohol is legal, it makes no sense for weed to be."

I totally understand that marijuana does not affect your health in a negative way. But listen, there's already millions of stupid people walking around being stupid. I can't handle millions of stupid high people walking around being stupid and high.

@canyoupleasestop I totally understand that marijuana does not affect your health in a negative way. But listen, there's already...

I am going to try something I never did before. I am going to attempt to calmly and politely explain to you why I disagree with you and attempt to shift your point of view to reflect mine. First, I will try to establish some points here. Prohibiting marijuana does not mean it does not exist. People will still grow it and distribute it. Laws have no effect on this process. Since it is still grown and distributed, people will still purchase and use it. Following this, we have proven that prohibition laws fail at their goal of preventing people from obtaining and using it. Since the goals of the laws have not been achieved, we can conclude that we must try an alternative approach, yes? The only alternative to prohibition is legalization and regulation. Since the goal of eliminating use is impossible, the goal of regulation would be to try to control and benefit from its use as much as possible. In order to do this, we must shift control away from illicit dealers. This is a business, and the only way to beat another business is to provide better quality service at a lower cost. The only way to do this is to legalize it and sanction its production on farms and its sale in stores.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +3Reply

thank you! everyone here is tearing me up saying that I'm a troll but in reality I just don't like people who do drugs my best friend smokes marijuana and I hate that I stay away from her and there is too many stupid people on this earth already and with it be legal EVERYONE will be doing it and the economy will just fall apart

@rawrsararawr10170 Nope I love her but I hate her actions

I feel really bad for your friend. Hopefully she'll see how big of a troll you are and separate herself from you.

btw people I am no longer friends with this girl that smokes weed because she is a loser

I just hate the smell of the stuff. I really don't wanna have to smell it everywhere I go haha

you guys are the reason why are society is fucked up.

@rawrsararawr10170 you guys are the reason why are society is fucked up.

Any logical reason to say weed is worse than, say, alcohol?

ITS ILLEGAL. alcohol isn't so obviously weed is fucking worse than alcohol. Alcohol screws you up just as bas as weed. but WEED IS ILLEGAL

@rawrsararawr10170 ITS ILLEGAL. alcohol isn't so obviously weed is fucking worse than alcohol. Alcohol screws you up just as bas as...

Gotta be the most unsound argument I've read in a while. You realize that people determine what's illegal and legal NOT by the legality of that something. They determine it by other factors. The current legality of a substance has no weight on how the substance's legality will be in the future. Alcohol was once illegal. Owning slaves was once legal. Based on this argument, you're also saying that "owning slaves was better than helping slaves to be free" only because of the legality of slave owning at the time.

@JohnJillky Gotta be the most unsound argument I've read in a while. You realize that people determine what's illegal and legal...

All of your arguments is that "because weed is cool man" no fuck that. Good luck being successful in life haha this society is doomed.

@rawrsararawr10170 All of your arguments is that "because weed is cool man" no fuck that. Good luck being successful in life haha this...

Never did I say weed is cool. I'm unsettled by your arguments as to why weed is bad. I'm deciding for myself what my position is on the legality of weed, not the "coolness". I think smoking weed is dumb. I think drinking alcohol is dumb too. But it, so far, makes no sense to me why weed is illegal but alcohol isn't. I'm asking you to give me a sound reason to agree.

@rawrsararawr10170 Fine make alchohol illegal, k you happy?

You're completely avoiding the point. You've given me no reason to see weed as worse than alcohol. This isn't about what I want. Alcohol is extremely unlikely to become illegal. So are you agreeing that weed is not any worse than alcohol? If not, why? That's all I'm asking. And you can't use the appeal to authority fallacy.

@JohnJillky You're completely avoiding the point. You've given me no reason to see weed as worse than alcohol. This isn't about...

Both alcohol and weed is stupid. Idk why alcohol is legal but weed isn't..all I know is when I see people who are drunk or high they act like stupid retarded fucks. I mean fine let weed be legal, but we all will die from people making stupid choices while being high. Being high or drunk in public is very dangferous. If you want to smoke in your home then go ahead blaze it! but if you are going out into MY society trying to harm ME without ME even doing anythong wrong then I think that is complete bullshit.

@rawrsararawr10170 Both alcohol and weed is stupid. Idk why alcohol is legal but weed isn't..all I know is when I see people who are...

"ITS ILLEGAL. alcohol isn't so obviously weed is **** worse than alcohol"

You made it seem as if you felt weed was worse than alcohol for no good reason before. Now I see that we're on the same page. I just don't care whether either are legal or not. As long as they have the same legal status.

And if they make weed legal (which it is in some places), then will you change your stance only because the legality changed?

@rawrsararawr10170 NO

Ok so if both alcohol and weed are legal, then what reason will you have for saying weed is worse?

@JohnJillky Ok so if both alcohol and weed are legal, then what reason will you have for saying weed is worse?

Its not worse, but its ridiculous that I see it just as much as alchohol or cigerettes..

@rawrsararawr10170 Its not worse, but its ridiculous that I see it just as much as alchohol or cigerettes..

And why is it ridiculous? Each is a drug that a massive part of the population consumes.

@JohnJillky And why is it ridiculous? Each is a drug that a massive part of the population consumes.

haha I just give up on trying to defend this post imean obviously weed isn't that bad apparently idk whatever I just don't care anymore..

@rawrsararawr10170 haha I just give up on trying to defend this post imean obviously weed isn't that bad apparently idk whatever I...

I think you made some logical points here. My only question is this:

If we start legislating morality where do we stop and who gets to decide?

Legislation to protect society from harm is one thing, but I think throwing people in jail for drug use is a untenable proposition.

@JohnJillky If you saw logical points, help me find them.

Both alcohol and weed is stupid.
Stupid might not be the right word, but they are/can be classified in similar ways (e.g., intoxicants, prohibitants, etc.) .

Idk why alcohol is legal but weed isn't
idk either, maybe "logical" isn't the right word but at least it is an agreeable statement.

people who are drunk or high they act like stupid retarded fucks.
I don't care for those descriptors but the observation is in line with what I too have observed and acted like on many occasions when drunk and stoned.

fine let weed be legal
Seems logical to me

we all will die from people making stupid choices
Not all, but many - I would guess "stupid choices" is up there with cancer and gunfire on the list of reason people die.

Being high or drunk in public is very dangferous.
If that's not dangferous I don't know what is.

If you want to smoke in your home then go ahead blaze it!
Another logical point.

@VicZinc I think you made some logical points here. My only question is this: If we start legislating morality where do we...

No we shouldn't throw people in jail for smoking weed or whatever but I do think it should be illegal in schools and public places,i also think that you should have to take a drug test for MANY more things if weed is legalized.

@rawrsararawr10170 No we shouldn't throw people in jail for smoking weed or whatever but I do think it should be illegal in schools...

Again I totally agree with this.
I do want my busdriver, my doctor and even McDonalds burger-flipper to be sober when they serve me.

But I am against all laws,
so if my waiter or surgeon is noticeably stoned, I just go somewhere else.

you all are fucking retarded fucks. I hope you all rot in jail since you guys seem to thing that weed isn't bad hahaha.

@rawrsararawr10170 you all are fucking retarded fucks. I hope you all rot in jail since you guys seem to thing that weed isn't bad hahaha.

The question is not if "weed is bad" the question is if the "laws" are bad.

The laws are bad.

Bad law! bad! down law! down! You are a very bad law! Grrrr!
{# Goes out and buys a new society because laws have ruined this one - is very angry with laws and considers taking it to the law pound and leaving it there...#}

Actually I think all of you are trolls because no one can be this ignorant. Why can't you accept the fact the there are SOME people in the world who doesn't do drugs?? Drugs are bad for you it kills you I know not many people die from marijuana but if you legalize it EVERYONE will be doing and and everyone will be high everyday. Good luck getting a real job being a druggy

@rawrsararawr10170 Actually I think all of you are trolls because no one can be this ignorant. Why can't you accept the fact the there...

people in the world who don't do drugs?** You're not even a pot head and you can't speak English. No one thinks every one in the world does drugs, and you're making yourself look like the ignorant idiot you're accusing even a everyone else of being. BTW: drug use is correlated with high intelligence, so it's kind of funny to me that you're stupid and don't do drugs.

What is wrong with people now adays? I can't find one good person who doesn't do drugs...I don't want to live on this planet anymore -_-

@rawrsararawr10170 What is wrong with people now adays? I can't find one good person who doesn't do drugs...I don't want to live on...

I don't want to do drugs, but in the case of marijuana, it's really not my issue if others want to use it.

Well you're trying to appeal to a community of people who have the opposite views as you by telling them their opinion is wrong, and giving no reasons why we should respect yours. Anyone else would catch on that not using grammar or the reply button to people who already think you're an idiot is not helping your case at all.

It kind of makes you seem like a troll, actually, and arguing with trolls is often a waste of time, so we're not even bothering to go into deeper explanations of our beliefs unless you do first.

I don't do drugs, but that doesn't mean I don't think weed should be legalized. Morals and "being raised right" or " knowing right from wrong" don't mean much since those terms are subjective. Personally, I think marijuana should be lumped in with caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes rather than cocaine, heroin, and LSD, because of its relatively low amount of bodily damage (especially if you don't even smoke it) and the benefits of it (think medicinal properties). Hell, it's not even as bad for you as alcohol and cigarettes! I certainly think there should be an age restriction on it and should be taxed, like alcohol and cigarettes, but it could be a huge boost for the economy and could greatly reduce crime.

@Wunderscore I don't do drugs, but that doesn't mean I don't think weed should be legalized. Morals and "being raised right" or...

I'd actually just like to comment on LSD. Despite it being potentially dangerous due to being more intense than any of those other drugs, it's physiologically very safe. Absolutely no long-term side-effects have ever been linked to it, and it's almost impossible to overdose on (within reason). Not taking into consideration the possibility of hurting yourself while tripping, you can drop hundreds upon hundreds of times the average dose without any sort of toxic effect. For comparison, the average non-tolerant adult male can die from about 20 shots' worth of alcohol. Because smoking is never healthy and smoking is by and large the most common way of consuming marijuana, I'd actually rank LSD to be less physically harmful than marijuana.

Somewhat unrelated, but I think smoking is barbaric. This is the goddamn 21st century, we don't need to set fire to plants to get the chemicals out of them! We know that the cannabinoids are soluble in certain substances, and we know at what temperatures they vaporize! I use a vaporizer myself. It's fantastic, it makes the weed last significantly longer. Okay, mini-rant over.

@Mike_Hawk I'd actually just like to comment on LSD. Despite it being potentially dangerous due to being more intense than any...

I get why LDS is grouped with drugs like the ones I put up there just since it is so intense even though, you're right, it's nicer to the body.

I don't need a reason for why I don't like it I just don't you guys are so rude by saying that I'm like 5 because I don't support drugs believe it or not there are good people in the world who doesn't do drugs. I don't need a reason why I don't like them I was just raised well enough to know right from wrong