+12

It's kinda scary thinking that most lighter skinned black people in America are that way because their ancestors were raped by their slave owners, amirite?

Skr3wBalls avatar Philosophy
2 5
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

it's completely horrendous

I can't say for sure that it's most
but I can easily say many

this post reminds me of the book Kindred
I don't know if you read it, but it's a sci-fi
where the main character goes back to the times of slavery

there were probably consensual cases too
but this was probably kept on the down low
for obvious reasons

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fuzala it's completely horrendous I can't say for sure that it's most but I can easily say many this post reminds me...

Yeah, I posted this because I am unexplainably light skinned since both my parents and all my grandparents are black. It can be assumed that's where the skin change came from.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall Yeah, I posted this because I am unexplainably light skinned since both my parents and all my grandparents are...

so did you read it?

you said unexplainably light skinned
does that mean no one in your immediate family is light skinned?

wouldn't it be amazing if an ancestor left a journal specifically so that others down the road could learn about the raw experiences?

the photos we have don't go that far back
the oldest one is of my maternal grandfather

I really wonder what all of them looked like and If I could see myself in any of them

the kind of personality they had

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala so did you read it? you said unexplainably light skinned does that mean no one in your immediate family is light...

I mean, my mom is about my skin tone, my dad is much darker, my great grandma passed (looked white so segregation was less of an issue esp. since her eye color is grey) my granddad is a little bit lighter than my dad. My great grandma was about my mom's skin tone and I've never seen my great granddad... Everyone on my dad's side is dark skinned.