+65

Humility is a sign of greatness. Arrogance is a sign of weakness.

Language
5 8

This sounds really nice and inspirational and all that but I just don't think it's true. People with humility can be not great and people with arrogance can be strong, there's more factors in whether or not someone is great or weak than just their humility or arrogance.

@Frank_n_Furter This sounds really nice and inspirational and all that but I just don't think it's true. People with humility can...

they said it's a sign of greatness, not a definition. it's true to say that arrogance is weakness imo. arrogance is extreme and it's like over compensating for imperfection.

As a glorious onslaught of unending awesomeness I can confirm the validity of this statement.

Lens avatar Len Agree +1Reply
@Len As a glorious onslaught of unending awesomeness I can confirm the validity of this statement.

you concur... confirming sounds pretty arrogant. you don't decide what is right and wrong.

@you concur... confirming sounds pretty arrogant. you don't decide what is right and wrong.

I think Len was mostly joking...I'm not sure, but I think he was.

@Cocaia12912 I think Len was mostly joking...I'm not sure, but I think he was.

i don't really care that much really. not looking to make a big deal out of it.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. Only true humility is the antidote to shame.